CCAC Provincial Boundary Map


To find your Local CCAC, Please enter your postal code


Central CCAC

Supportive Housing

two men playing a board game and laughingSupportive housing programs provide seniors, adults with physical or cognitive disabilities, mental health issues or HIV/AIDS with support and accommodation in specially-designed buildings, or in a cluster of adapted apartments within an ordinary apartment building. Living arrangements may include shared houses or apartments and self-contained apartments.  

Through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, personal support is provided on-site, with staff available to respond 24 hours a day.

Supportive housing buildings are owned and operated by not-for-profit corporations such as municipal governments, housing cooperatives, or non-profit groups including faith groups, seniors' organizations, service clubs, cultural groups, and service providers. In most cases, the rent charged is based on ability to pay, or the market level rent is subsidized through the Ministry of Housing.

Your CCAC Care Coordinator can help you apply for supportive housing.

Get in touch with your local CCAC »