Rapid Response Nurses perform a vital function in our network of health-care services. By facilitating smooth transitions from hospital to home, they act as a bridge to support patients with complex and high care needs.
We help connect you with community or home-based primary care and ensure that appropriate follow-up appointments are scheduled.
This program is intended for short-term intensive assistance and is not intended to replace the services provided by contracted service providers.
We will work collaboratively with your existing network of health-care professionals, hospital staff, primary care providers and community agencies to help you avoid unnecessary hospital re-admissions following discharge.
Rapid Response Nurses will help you:
- understand your illness and symptoms
- understand your hospital discharge plan
- understand how to take prescribed medications
- arrange for follow-up medical appointments or tests
- connect with your primary care providers, and
- receive appropriate home supports as quickly as possible so you have everything you need to stay at home safely.
Learn more about OUR Rapid Response Nursing Program: