CCAC Provincial Boundary Map


To find your local region, please enter your postal code


Frequently Asked Questions

Getting Started

How do I become a patient?


To become a patient, you must participate in an initial assessment to help evaluate your needs and determine whether our other services are right for you. To get started, we just need a referral. You can refer yourself, or a referral can be made by your doctor, nurse, community service provider or other health-care professional. A referral can also be made by a family member, a friend or a neighbour. A simple call gets the process started.

      Contact us »


Where can I find information about local resources?

 A health care provider inserts an IV into a patient's arm

A wealth of information is available through our web-based resource directory, You can access listings for a variety of home care services, health support and community resources, in your own region or neighbourhood!

Visit »


What do we offer?


We can get you the care you need in your home and in the community. This care is focused on optimizing your health and independence; supporting you through a health-care transition (for example, from hospital to home); or providing care following an illness or compromised health status. We are a caring team of health professionals who can provide support in your home or in the community.

We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about what services might support you best. The following links provide information about our services according to where you will be receiving the care:

Here are some quick links to specific services:


How do I know what services I need?


Once you are referred to us and become a patient, you will be assigned a Care Coordinator. They will call you to provide an assessment, meet with you in your home environment and help determine what services and supports you may need.


What is a Care Coordinator?


Our Care Coordinators are regulated health professionals, with expertise in nursing, social work, occupational therapy, physiotherapy or speech therapy, who work directly with patients in hospitals, doctor's offices, communities and in patients' homes.

Find out more about Care Coordinators »


How do I get home care?


Home care can take many forms – from nursing care to personal support. In order to determine what services are right for you, we will set up an assessment with a Care Coordinator. Call us to make a referral and we'll get you started down the right path.

      Contact us »


Current Patients

What do I do if I have concerns about the services I am receiving?


While working to provide the best possible care, we also want to provide the best possible service. We want to know how we are doing and welcome feedback of all kinds — compliments, concerns, complaints, and all other inquiries. Your feedback helps us to improve our ability to provide you with care.   

If you would like to bring something to our attention, we encourage you to discuss the issues with your Care Coordinator. If your concerns remain unresolved or you would like to voice your concerns in a more formal way, you may wish to follow the steps outlined on our feedback page.

 Give us your feedback »


I am moving soon to another region.  How do I get new services, and will my records come with me?


When it comes to transferring your care, we want to make your move as easy and seamless as possible. Simply notify your Care Coordinator of your upcoming move – we'll make sure your new Home and Community Care Support Services agency is expecting you and is ready to continue your services.

You will meet some new people when you transfer to a different region, so you might anticipate a short time of adjustment while you settle into your new home. But rest assured that you will receive the same high quality of care you have always received. And yes, your records and files will be accessible by your new Care Coordinator.


Care for Seniors

I am concerned about my elderly mother who is about to be discharged from the hospital after surgery – can I make a referral?


Absolutely! Many of our referrals come from family members who want to ensure the well-being of their parents or other friends and family. We do recommend that you discuss the referral with your family member before making the call to us, to ensure they are in agreement with the referral.

Once you make the referral and your family member becomes a patient, we will work with everyone involved in your friend or relative's care to get the required services.

Make a referral »

Care for People with Disabilities

What programs are available for my adult child with developmental disabilities?


We offer services for people with developmental disabilities both at home and in the community. Our programs and services are geared to support people to live as independently as possible, while still accessing vital health services as needed. 

Depending on your specific circumstances, your son or daughter may benefit from our Adult Day Programs – people with disabilities attend these programs during the day, and return home when the day's program is complete. We also offer a variety of home-based health-care services that may be appropriate for your family. Some people, who require more support than can be provided at home, can be supported to access a long-term care home. Contact your Care Coordinator to discuss all of your options.

      Contact us »


Care for ChildrenA woman and a young girl look at each other

Do you provide care for children?


Effective September 20, 2021, local pediatric home care services and staff from Home and Community Care Support Services Champlain transferred to CHEO.

To find out more, visit CHEO's website »