Ottawa, November 7, 2013 – The Champlain CCAC is proud to announce that it has received the Gold level Quality Healthcare Workplace Award from the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) and Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC).
This prestigious award recognizes organizational efforts to improve healthcare workplaces in ways that contribute to employees' quality of work life, and ultimately the care they deliver to clients.
"We're excited about this recognition for our efforts in creating a high quality workplace," says Gilles Lanteigne, Chief Executive Officer for the Champlain CCAC. "Receiving this award demonstrates that we are on the right path in creating a safe and healthy workplace."
Champlain CCAC achieved the gold level award based on several key improvement initiatives including:
- A 600% increase in health & safety event reporting in 2012-13 versus 2011-12
- Ongoing Patient Caregiver Experience Evaluation: 93%+ report being satisfied with care received based on 2000+ surveys
- New Ethics Program, which included 16 ethics consultations, and 1335 hours of ethics training
- 70+ learning events offered internally 2012-13, with 95% of staff attending an average of 8-10 events every year
- 2012/13 Employee Engagement Survey results showed high levels of employee retention and staff's strong commitment to the CCAC and professional development:
- 76% agree the organization promotes staff health and wellness
- 77% agree Senior management was committed to improving workplace safety
- 75% agree they have a good work/life balance
Healthcare organizations from across Ontario have participated in this program to raise the bar of excellence for quality healthcare workplaces. Champlain CCAC was one of three CCACs in the province to win the Gold level designation. The award has four levels - Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum - designed to encourage self-evaluation, learning, and improvement.
Plus a panel of quality workplace experts completed a rigorous assessment process when reviewing all candidates, which focused on drivers of employee and organizational health. Champlain CCAC was presented with the quality award on Tuesday November 5th at the OHA Health Achieve Conference.