Feedback, Complaints and Appeals



Home and Community Care Support Services Erie St. Clair welcomes feedback from our patients, their families, and caregivers. Compliments, concerns, complaints, and other inquiries help us measure our performance, enhance the patient experience, and continually improve our home and community care programs and services.

To provide feedback, please contact your Care Coordinator.

Complaints and Appeals

If you have a specific complaint or concern about your care and the service we are providing, you can;
  1. Talk to your Care Coordinator
  2. Call our Patient Relations Specialist at 1-888-447-4468 ext. 5378
​​​W​hat is a Patient Relations Specialist?

We have empowered a Patient Relations Specialist to advocate for patients and help guide them to the services they need, further enhancing our Patient & Family Centred Care focus.
If you have any questions or concerns about your home and community care services, please contact:
Patient Relations Specialist
1-888-447-4468 ext. 5378

You can ask for an internal review if you are not satisfied with our decision about your eligibility for services and the exclusion, reduction or termination of a service. The decision will be reviewed by another staff person and you will receive written notice of the outcome.

Following our formal review process, if you remain unsatisfied with the decision, you have the right to appeal that decision to the Health Services Appeal and Review Board (HSARB), if:
  • You are not eligible for services;
  • There’s been a reduction in the amount of service you are receiving;
  • There was an exclusion of a service from your plan of care; and/or
  • Your service has been terminated.

Health Services Appeal and Review Board​

Phone: 1-416-327-85​12



In addition to our ​internal process for dealing with patient concerns and complaints, you also have the option of contacting the Long-Term Care Action Line; a service provided by the Ministry of Long-Term Care. Originally established for residents of long-term care homes with concerns about care, the Long-Term Care Action line was expanded in 2007 so that home and community care patients and caregivers could raise concerns or complaints about home and community care services.

If you contact the Long-Term Care Action Line, an Independent Complaints Facilitator (ICF) will be assigned to help you address your concern or complaint with us. The Long-Term Care Action Line may be contacted by telephone at 1-866-876-7658, or online at:

​Feedback, Complaints and Appeals Documents

Click here to access our Feedback, Complaints and Appeals do​cument. ​​
We are committed to addressing the needs of those with disabilities. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about the accessibility of our facilities or if you require any of our information in an alternate format, please conta​​ct us. ​