As our patient, you, your family and your caregiver(s) have rights and responsibilities.
You have the right to:
As required by law in Ontario, we will protect the privacy of your personal health information.
You have a responsibility to:
- treat home and community care and service provider staff with courtesy and respect, free from discrimination or harassment;
- provide all information required;
- help develop your care plan;
- follow the agreed-upon plan;
- be available to receive services at the agreed-upon time or tell your service provider if you are not available;
- tell us about any changes in your situation that could affect your care goals (for example, hospital stays);
- return any home and community care or service provider equipment promptly; and
- provide a safe working environment for your care coordination and service providers.
A safe working environment includes:
- securing pets during visits if requested;
- not smoking during visits; and
- making sure that walkways to your home are well lit, and clear of ice and snow of other hazards.