JOB TITLE: Accounting Analyst, Non-Union
LOCATION: Erie St. Clair CCAC Chatham/Kent Head Office – Travel throughout the Erie St. Clair LHIN is required
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance and Facilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Facilities, prepares analysis to reconcile accounts, balancing and month-end journal entries to record accounting activity. Responsible for compiling data and developing year-end forecast, along with completing monthly bank reconciliations.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Perform analysis of benefits and part-time hours to more effectively forecast year end actual expenditures
- Analyze payroll accounts
- Other analysis as assigned
- Prepare month end journal entries and working papers
- Record MOHLTC twice-monthly revenue into appropriate accounts
- Update balance sheet working papers monthly
- Verify and post monthly recurring entries
- Quarterly and Annual reporting
- Assist the Integrated Business Coordinator on quarterly reporting requirements as needed
- External Reporting
- Prepare HST input tax credits for CCRA
- Prepare quarterly year end forecasts for the Management team
- Prepare Accounts Receivable
- Process invoices for payment of services relating to Consumer and Family Initiatives
- Process invoices relating to services provided by CMHA LK.
- Monitor accounts receivable for late payments and unpaid invoices
- Verify all transactions have been recorded in the general ledger
- Other duties as assigned
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Business, Economics or Mathematics. Current enrolment in a senior level of an accounting program progressing toward or completion of a recognized accounting designation CMA, CGA, or CA is an asset.
- 2 - 5 years' work experience; experience in healthcare an asset.
- Knowledge of financial and management accounting practices and principles and financial analysis.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills and an aptitude for development and use of computer systems.
- Ability to respect and work well with others, developing effective and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Knowledge of Great Plains is an asset.
Please quote the job posting # ESC 015/15. Qualified individuals are invited to submit resumes by 31 July 2015 to:
Fax: 519 258 7354