Posting # ESC 033/16
JOB TITLE: Director, Intake and Hospitals
LOCATION: Erie St. Clair CCAC – Travel throughout the Erie St. Clair LHIN is required
SUPERVISOR: Senior Director, Patient Services
Reporting to the Senior Director, Patient Services, this position will assist the organization by ensuring that stakeholders have access to care coordination that supports the right service in the right place and at the right time by linking patients to health and social community supports to assist in meeting their needs. This position will be responsible for providing leadership in management of teams of staff that provide information and referral and/or that complete the initial assessments, eligibility determination, system navigation and implementation and care coordination of services for new patients. This Director will be responsible for all of the teams and staff working in each of our hospitals and our intake and overflow teams.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Development and strengthening of care coordination processes for ensuring all patients are provided consistent information and referral services, ensuring effective outcomes in initial assessment completion & patient eligibility determination, initial service plan set up and service coordination for new patients
- Responsible for the development of formal mechanisms to support patients by bridging the gap between the hospital, community primary care providers, the service provider agencies and community support agency providers
- Achieves results by working to accomplish organizational strategic priorities, ensures program outcomes and sets goals and priorities that maximize the effective use of resources
- Develops patient services policies, procedures and processes related to both corporate and clinical as it relates to provision of clinical services
- Supports staff and patient services team in the development of appropriate workload measurement standards, developing and monitoring achievement of benchmark and use of monitoring tools
- Upholds the delivery of Patient Services in accordance with national, provincial and local mandates as appropriate while being fiscally responsible
- Participates in various provincial, regional and local community based committees with the overall intent to create seamless care delivery programs/practices across sectors in order to promote the right care at the right time.
- Must recognize the individuality of patient needs in extraordinary circumstances that require out of the ordinary planning and service utilization promoting positive patient outcomes.
- Creation and promotion of standardized care delivery for similar population groups to ensure fair and equitable access to community based services.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited university with a degree in Health Sciences, Health or Public Administration, Master's preferred or equivalent work experience
- Regulated health professional in good standing with provincial College
- 5 – 7 years' experience in progressively responsible and related positions in health care with demonstrated experience and success in a leadership role
- Solid knowledge of health care system locally and provincially
- Significant experience in diverse and unionized community health care environments
- Good knowledge of CCAC priorities, policies, practices and service standards
- Good knowledge and understanding of legislation governing health care activities
- Knowledge of direct care/case management models used in community health care organizations
- Demonstrated leadership ability with excellent interpersonal skills, including superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to fully utilize contemporary information and communication devices
- Effective planning, organizing and evaluation skills to manage the delivery of quality service, provide information reports and take corrective action as required
Priority consideration will be given to candidates who possess knowledge of Canada's two official languages.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing by December 23rd, 2016, quoting posting number ESC 033/16 to:
Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre
5415 Tecumseh Road East, 2nd Floor
Windsor ON N9T 1C5
FAX: 519 258 7354
We thank all applicants for
their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be
contacted.ESC 033/16 Posted: December 16th 2016