DIRECTOR, Sub-Region (Sarnia Lambton)
The 14 Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) are organizations that plan, coordinate, integrate, and fund health care services. In addition, as outlined in the Patient's First Act, the LHINS will also be responsible for overseeing the delivery of home care services in the region by the end of June 2017. LHINs are a critical part of the evolution of health care in Ontario. They continue to work to create a patient-centered, results-driven, integrated, and sustainable health system.
The Erie St. Clair LHIN services the regions of Chatham-Kent, Sarnia/Lambton, and Windsor/Essex which includes approximately 650,000 people, and supports an annual budget of over $1.1 billion dollars for our local health care services.
The Erie St. Clair LHIN has a need for a Director, Sub-Region (Sarnia Lambton), as described below. The Erie St. Clair LHIN is committed to supporting healthcare in a manner that is consistent with patient and family centered care. Applicants are required to have a demonstrated understanding and commitment to this care philosophy. Preference will be given to candidates who are proficient in both official languages. The position is located in Sarnia, Ontario. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
C025/17 Director, Sub-Region (Sarnia Lambton)
The Director, Sub-Region Planning and Integration directly reports to the Vice President of Integrated Delivery Systems and provides leadership for the planning, integration, and performance management at the sub-region level. The Director is responsible for the administrative management of the sub-region operations in conjunction with the clinical lead. The Director acts as a resource to community stakeholders and the sub-region clinical lead in the assessment of community and population health needs and provides support to other LHIN methods and performance monitoring for the sub-region level. In addition, the Director will have specific portfolio management and is responsible for the management of complex planning projects, integration activities, performance and providing advice to the executive team and staff regarding planning models and research/best practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leads health system planning, integration, coordination, service innovation and quality improvement across health care service providers and leads the planning and implementation of major initiatives, specifically for a sub-region in alignment with the Ministry's strategic directions.
- Maintains an awareness of current issues in the health care system related to the Integrate Health Service Plan strategic priorities and key result areas with a particular emphasis on sub-region issues related to the implementation of change initiatives
- Analyzes sub-regional health care system to identify gaps and opportunities, initiating action to address provincial strategic priorities
- Responsible for participating in the negotiation and allocation of volumes for Quality Based Procedures and Wait Times for the sub-region
- Monitors the Quality Based Procedures and Wait Time allocations for the sub-region and associate performance indicators to support in-year reallocations and the identification of areas for performance improvement
- Coordinates and aligns with sub-regional Clinical and Home and Community Care Leads, providing leadership and direction for central resources supporting sub-regional activities
- Coordinate cross functional teams of staff in the other divisions in order to comprise a virtual team to support sub regional functions
- In collaboration with the VP, Integrated Systems Delivery, advances the strategic priorities of the overall division
- Conducts effective stakeholder consultation related to planning, assessed impact of planning recommendations and decisions, advances integration activities, and promotes consensus among stakeholders for action required, working with LHIN subject matter leads
- Manages project plans. Provides advice and input from the planning and integration perspective to the development of health care system funding plans
- Working with the Sub-Regional Clinical lead and Sub-Regional Home and Community Care lead, the Director builds internal and external collaborations and partnerships to advance planning and integration outcomes
- Other duties as assigned
LEADS HEALTH LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Lead Self
- Engage Others
- Achieve Results
- Develop Coalitions
- Systems Transformation
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Business Acumen
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Relationship Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Financial and Risk Management
- Change Management
- Strategic Planning
- Performance Management
- System Performance
- Program and Operational Leadership
- Planning, Delivery and Evaluation
- Post-secondary/Master's degree in health administration, business administration or related health discipline.
- Canada Health Executive an asset.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience (or equivalent) in one or more of the following areas: health care planning, system planning, health care service delivery, health research, epidemiology, population health.
- Experience in a health provider setting or service planning entity.
- Demonstrated experience with facilitation and negotiation techniques and processes, including experience developing and facilitating large complex sessions involving diverse stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of planning models and approaches. Demonstrated experience in community outreach, consultation or stakeholder management and familiarity with current theory and techniques of community engagement.
- Excellent project management skills including budgeting, planning and communication.
- Valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of Ontario health sector and workforce trends within this sector
- In-depth development knowledge of local health issues, priorities and needs while recognizing the broader trends in health care policy and system development
- Knowledge of the needs of Aboriginal Peoples (urban and community) and Francophone communities
- In-Depth understanding of the Ontario health-care system, its stakeholders, programs and issues
- French language is an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than 4:30PM, MAY 28, 2017 TO:
Please include the reference "C025/17 Director, Sub-Region (Sarnia Lambton)" in your e-mail subject line.
The Erie St. Clair LHIN is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.