LOCATION: Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre
REPORTS TO: Director, Finance
PURPOSE STATEMENT/JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director, Finance, this position is responsible for collecting, consolidating, analyzing, benchmarking and disseminating information to support program evaluation and decision-making. The individual will provide operational support relating to the gathering of information, development of reports and the analysis of available data and will ensure that all information is valid, reliable, accurate and timely, while packaged in a user-friendly manner for various audiences.
The individual will provide consultation and advice to other management staff for process implementation and change initiatives, assist in process improvement proposals, elevate efficiency developments, and work towards improving finance data quality.
Collects and Consolidates Data
- Designs tools and processes for extracting and managing performance data
- Extracts, aggregates and analyzes data from disparate sources
- Uses problem-solving methodologies to conduct causal analyses and recommend corrective and preventative action
- Interprets and summarizes data trends using a variety of tools
- Analyzes effectiveness of various methods for data collection and their ability to measure improvement and forecast future needs
Disseminates Information to Support Program Evaluation and Decision- Making
- Provides commentary and support for analysis
- Develops or assists in the creation of SQL reports, adhoc analysis and other reports as required
- Prepares reports for internal customers and the Board of Directors regarding resource allocation, utilization, financial trends and forecasts based on estimates of community needs in the future
- Perform analysis of benefits and staffing hours to more effectively forecast year-end expenditures
- Analyze payroll accounts and reconcile variances
- Analyze General Ledger
Prepare Month End Working Papers
- Record MOHLTC twice monthly revenue
- Update balance sheet working papers monthly
- Verify and post monthly recurring entries
- Prepare financial statements for Management team and Board
- Finalize Accounts Receivable
Education and Experience
- University Degree in Business related Studies,
- Two to five years' experience working in health related or business related fields,
- Accounting designation or working towards completion of accounting designation (CA, CPA, CMA, CGA).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access required, Sequel experience an asset.
Quality Improvement Approaches and Methodologies
- Strong knowledge in outcome measurement requirements
- Proven ability in using statistical approaches to data analysis
- Good knowledge of performance improvement approaches used in healthcare
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications including the ability to design complex spreadsheets and databases
- Good knowledge of technology products and services regarding quality analysis and data collection
- Knowledge of CHRIS, Health Partner Gateway, Fortis/Document Management Systems, ETMS, Policy Tech, Quadrant, other internal systems software as applicable.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Solid understanding of CCAC and CMHA programs and objectives
- Good knowledge of service delivery practices in community care agencies
- Knowledge of healthcare reporting requirements; OHRS, MIS, CIHI, , and CIHI guidelines regarding the Home Care Reporting System (HCRS)
- In depth understanding of organizational policies,
- Proficiency in working in a Windows based environment utilizing Microsoft Office,
- Ability to set priorities, work independently and accurately, and meet deadlines.
- Maintains positive relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders,
- Works cooperatively as a member of the Corporate Services Team with minimum supervision
- Effective oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational, time management, analytical, ability to multi-task and coordinate,
- Project management and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential information,
- Proficiency in French language skills is considered an asset.
Accountability and Decision-Making
- Under the general direction of the Director, Finance, position is accountable for collecting, consolidating, analyzing, benchmarking and disseminating information to support program evaluation and decision-making.
- Determines assumptions made for analysis and tools used to query the data
- Provides metrics, measurement tools, data schedules to external healthcare partners; validity is imperative
- Interprets information requirements and needs for the design and delivery of information to support decision- making.
- Implement processes to conform within pre-established guidelines and align with organizational goals and objectives. Contribute to the development or suggest process improvement to streamline, amalgamate and centralize efficient system improvements
Qualified individuals are invited to submit resumes by 09 January 2015, quoting posting number ESC C076/14 to:
Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre
5415 Tecumseh Road East, 2nd Floor
Windsor ON N9T 1C5
FAX: 519 258 7354
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.