JOB TITLE: Full-Time Controller – Non-Union
LOCATION: Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre – Chatham Site; Travel for this position is required between all sites of the Erie St. Clair CCAC
SUPERVISOR: Senior Director, Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer, the controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records including payroll, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standard. The individual will provide day to day direction to the financial staff and will be responsible for maintaining and updating financial systems consistent with generally accepted accounting and audit principles.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage all accounting operations, cost accounting, inventory accounting, and revenue recognition ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Ensures accounts are reconciled on a monthly, quarterly or as needed basis, for audit and control purposes. Conducts periodic audits to ensure accuracy and efficiency of finance and accounting systems, records and processes.
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare and publish (post and communicate) timely monthly financial statements and coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting including Ministry and LHIN reporting
- Work with the Auditor to prepare year-end annual reconciliation report and CCAC financial statements.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Monitors financial results and expenditures by using variance analysis, forecasting methodologies and comparison to the fiscal budget.
- Develop or enhance process improvement models financial record keeping.
- Performs in-depth system analysis of all accounting documents and functions, including verifying appropriate data transfers between systems (i.e. inventory, payroll, human resources, patient software, etc.) and initiates and aids in the development of improved systems.
- Conducts cash flow review and analysis and maintains banking contacts for effective stewardship of CCAC accounts and investments.
- Oversee the payroll department, its processes, policies, ensure adequate internal controls, and reconciled for accuracy
- Responsible for facilities; all CCAC offices in Erie St. Clair Region
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, orientation, evaluation and development of Finance, payroll and facility staff. Conducts performance appraisals for all direct reports.
- Lead and participate in cross functional projects required in a healthcare environment
- Networking with members of the Corporate Services teams throughout the province.
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Business, Economics or Mathematics. Current enrolment in a senior level of an accounting program progressing toward or completion of a recognized accounting designation CMA, CGA, or CA is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in management of staff
- 5 years progressively responsible work experience; previous experience in managing financial programs, preferably in a public sector or non-profit organization (knowledge of the Great Plains accounting program is an asset)
- Knowledge of financial and management accounting practices and principles and financial analysis; In depth knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and best practices
- Knowledge of the CCAC's financial structure, MOHLTC/LHIN funding, and reporting criteria
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills and an aptitude for development and use of computer systems
- Ability to respect and work well with others, developing effective and supportive relationships with colleagues
- Must possess a valid driver's license
Priority consideration will be given to candidates who possess knowledge of Canada's two official languages.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing by June 30, 2016, quoting posting number ESC 016/16 to:
Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre
5415 Tecumseh Road East, 2nd Floor
Windsor ON N9T 1C5
FAX: 519 258 7354
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.