POSTING # ESC 014/15
JOB TITLE: Full-Time Manager, Communications and Public Affairs– Non-Union
LOCATION: Chatham Site; Travel may be required between the three sites of the Erie St. Clair CCAC
SUPERVISOR: Sr. Director, Strategy & Performance Management
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Strategy & Performance Management, the Manager, Communications and Public Affairs will be responsible for providing leadership for communications, public affairs and marketing initiatives, including project coordination, strategic public affairs planning and implementation. This position will also be responsible for overseeing the development and production of various documents, website content maintenance and operations, as well as assisting various internal departments and provincial committees on communications and stakeholder engagement projects and activities.
- Develop and implement external communication & marketing plans to meet the organization's work plan goals, objectives and strategic directions.
- Provide communications and public affairs consultation and/or support to ongoing and short-term projects and initiatives, as well as programs, across the organization and the sector.
- Develop and deliver consistent key messages that permeate all aspects of the organization and resonate with a wide-variety of stakeholders.
- Oversee the coordination, development and content for newsletters, brochures, posters, videos, web, intranet, speeches, presentations and media materials aimed at diverse audiences.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of issues management and media relations programs, including arranging media interviews, briefing spokespeople and media monitoring.
- Conduct regular reviews, provide oversight and management of the public facing websites & intranet, including editing and updating copy, researching and suggesting new ideas for content, design and navigation.
- Have knowledge of and support the implementation of social media tactics to meet communications objectives.
- Ensure consistency of CCAC branding and messaging in collateral materials and on websites.
- Represent CCAC and work collaboratively on external and internal committees and working groups as required.
- Directing department resources in support of the Patient and Family Centred Care culture at the CCAC
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in strategic communications, public affairs & marketing planning and event coordination.
- Expert knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, experience with InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft SharePoint would be considered an asset.
- Experience working with external partners and stakeholders, particularly in Ontario's health care system, would be considered an asset.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Has exceptional writing, editing and presentation skills with very strong attention to detail and specific experience with developing communications and marketing products in both print and electronic media.
- Has exceptional strategic thinking and can develop and execute project plans achieving organizational goals.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team to effectively achieve organizational goals.
- Comfortable speaking with the public and providing presentations to groups.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and leverage effective working relationships.
- Comfortable managing in demanding, deadline focused scenarios.
- Possesses excellent abilities to analyze and interpret complex information to deliver solutions that meets business needs.
- Is self-motivated and initiates follow up as required; demonstrates problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Has a strong sense of ownership and capitalizes on opportunities that benefit the organization and position for success.
- Demonstrates leadership skills, including the ability to manage and support teams, align with organizational values, set priorities and manage time effectively.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their resume by 9 May 2015 to:
Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre
5415 Tecumseh Road East, 2nd Floor
Windsor ON N8T 1C5
Fax: 519 258 7354
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the posting number in the subject line of your e-mail:
Manager, Communications and Public Affairs POSTING # ESC 014/15