JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner
LOCATION: Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre – Sarnia Site
SUPERVISOR: Patient Services Manager
The Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) assists individuals to access community health care services and information. The CCAC works with eligible patient's and arranges for professional services, with Contracted Service Providers, such as nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language services, social work, nutritional counseling, personal support, and medical supplies, to help patient's reach the best possible level of health and independence while remaining in their home.
Reporting to the a Patient Services Manager, the Nurse Practitioner will be a member of the Palliative Care Consultation Team (PCCT) and responsible for reviewing and completing assessments to assist in providing recommendations and consultative guidance to support challenging palliative symptom management and diagnoses. The applicant will adhere to the effective delivery of Nurse Practitioner services for the Palliative Care Consultation Team's patients upon referral from Erie St. Clair CCAC Care Coordinator and in accordance with professional college standards, Ministry Guidelines and Erie St. Clair CCAC policies. The objective of the services delivered by the Nurse Practitioner is to diagnose, treat, evaluate, consult and manage complex pain and symptom and associated chronic disease management issues during the patient's palliative trajectory, in order to delay/prevent institutionalization and facilitate reintegration into the community. These services will be available across various care sectors as required including home, hospital, retirement homes and long term care. Travel for this position is required between all sites of the Erie St. Clair CCAC.
- Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner
- Current registration with the College of Nurses
- Working knowledge of community resources and roles of health care professionals
- Good knowledge of CCAC priorities, policies, practices and service standards
- Good knowledge and understanding of legislation governing health care activities
- Knowledge of direct care/care coordination models used in community health care organizations
- Specialized education required in palliative pain and symptom management including a minimum of Fundamentals and CAPCE. LEAP certification will be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in French language is an asset.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and an oral/written proficiency with Canada's two official languages will be looked upon favourably
- Must have access to a vehicle and a valid Ontario Driver's License
- Must be able to operate a computer
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our Nurse Practitioners are members of the Ontario Nurses Association. Experience working with diverse, multicultural client groups as well as homeless, palliative, acquired brain injury (ABI) and geriatrics is an asset.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE INVITED TO APPLY IN WRITING BY 28 JULY 2014 QUOTING POSTING # ESC 015/14
Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre
5415 Tecumseh Road East, 2nd Floor
Windsor ON N8T 1C5
Fax: 519 258 7354
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.