The Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre arranges for professional and para-professional home health care services, assists in long term care home placements and provides information and referral services. We are currently seeking…
|EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Posting ESC 016/15|
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Specialist
LOCATION: Erie St. Clair CCAC – Chatham/Sarnia Site; Travel may be required between the three sites of the Erie St. Clair CCAC
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
The Human Resources Specialist is a proficient advisor who acts as the first point of contact for all HR related issues including health and safety, HR policies and procedures, recruitment, compensation, performance management, employee and union relations, and general human resources administration. Working in conjunction with the HR team, the Human Resources Specialist contributes to the development and implementation of HR initiatives, promotes departmental efficiency and supports the overall needs of employees and the organization to ensure success of the corporate strategic plan goals and objectives.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Inform, advise and guide employees and members of the leadership team on various programs offered by the Human Resources Department;
- Partners with members of the leadership team to ensure all employment practices are in accordance with HR policies, employment laws, regulatory compliance requirements, and organizational objectives.
- Advise and support the leadership team on issues related to recruitment, employee relations, health and safety, performance management, and attendance management.
- Maintain and enhance the ESC CCAC Health and Safety program.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with union representatives and other stakeholders.
- Identify best practices in Human Resources and opportunities to improve existing practices, processes and procedures.
- Manage WSIB claims and the Return to Work program.
- Coordinate and facilitate the recruitment and selection process including posting positions utilizing a variety of recruitment resources such as job boards, social media, resume database, job fairs, coordinating recruitment advertising, shortlisting and interviewing qualified candidates as well as completing the references and onboarding qualified candidates based on departmental operational needs.
- Interpretation and application of collective agreements.
- Develop workplace policies and procedures
- Participate and chair relevant committees.
- Post-Secondary Education in Human Resources Management, Labour Studies or Business with focus on Human Resources and a minimum of 3 years progressive experience working in a HR role within a unionized environment; or a Human Resources Certificate and a minimum of 5 years of equivalent progressive experience in a HR related role.
- CHRP designation, working towards achieving the CHRL designation is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR practices, labour legislation health and safety, labour relations, and, online and electronic job application systems and processes, recruitment best practices.
- Models behaviors that support engagement of staff, and drives culture and change management initiatives.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills required.
- Oral and written fluency in French is an asset.
- Successful track record of implementing HR programs and policies
- Ability to build effective relationships amongst all levels of the organization
Must have a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates who possess knowledge of Canada's two official languages.
Please quote job posting #ESC 016/15. Qualified individuals are invited to submit resumes by 31 July 2015
Suzanne Leonard, Director, Human Resources
Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre
712 Richmond Street P.O. Box 306
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.