POSTING # ESC 010/16
JOB TITLE: Part-Time Care Coordinators - CHATHAM
LOCATION: Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre
SUPERVISOR: Patient Services Manager
The Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre assists individuals in accessing community health care services and information. The CCAC works with eligible patient's and arranges for professional services, with Contracted Service Providers, such as nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language services, social work, nutritional counseling, personal support, and medical supplies, to help patients reach the best possible level of health and independence while remaining in their home.
The CCAC Care Coordinator is a health care professional who works with patients and their families and/or caregivers to help develop a plan of care that helps patients meet their healthcare needs and goals for independence. The Care Coordinator determines patient eligibility for CCAC services and assesses their needs. The Care Coordinator:
- Completes an assessment
- Develops health goals with the patient and their caregiver
- Assists individuals to access resources through community support agencies
- Provides support for eligible individuals through contracted service provider agencies
- Monitors and reassesses patient needs to ensure that their plan of care remains up-to-date and revises the plan as needed
- Helps the patient apply for Adult Day Programs and for residency in Long-Term Care Homes
We are currently seeking Care Coordinators to work in a variety of settings (hospital, in-office, community) to join our team and provide an effective, seamless delivery of health care services to our community.
Using your proficiency in computer skills, you will perform face-to-face assessments by documenting information on a laptop computer while visiting with patients in their homes or the hospital. You will also provide information and referral services to non-eligible patients to help them navigate through the complexities of the health care environment.
Hours of work: 7.5 hour shift (tour) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. The CCAC is accessible seven days per week, including weekends, and statutory holidays.
- A Baccalaureate degree from a recognized university in a health-related field such as Nursing (and/or a combination of nursing education, training and experience), Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, or Social Work (MSW required)
- At least two years of relevant work experience; and current registration with a college recognized by the RHPA
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An oral/written proficiency with Canada's two official languages will be looked upon favourably.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle
- Must be able to operate a computer
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our Care Coordinators are members of the Ontario Nurses Association. Experience working with diverse, multicultural patient groups as well as homeless, palliative, acquired brain injury (ABI) and geriatrics is an asset.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply by April 5, 2016, in writing to:
Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre
5415 Tecumseh Road East, 2nd Floor
Windsor ON N8T 1C5
Fax: 519 258 7354
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please quote the posting number in the subject line of your e-mail:
CHATHAM POSTING # ESC 010/16