POSTING #ESC 023/15
JOB TITLE: Temporary Full-Time Weekend/Intake and Hospital Backup Care Coordinator, Chatham (Approximately 12 months)
LOCATION: Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre; Travel for this position is required within Chatham/Kent counties
SUPERVISOR: Patient Services Manager
Reporting to the Manager of Patient Services, this position is responsible for developing quality, timely and cost effective individual plans for service provision, based on patient needs, utilizing a multi-disciplinary team approach, to achieve optimal health outcomes. The purpose of this position is to assist patients with their highest level of functioning and independence consistence with their values, priorities, capacities and preference of care. The Care Coordinator determines patient's eligibility in accordance with Ministry and Long Term Care and CCAC policies and procedures.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Develops health goals and determines needs with the patient and their caregiver, incorporating these into the care plan
- Assists individuals to access resources through a variety of community support agencies
- Provides support for eligible patients through contracted service provider agencies
- Monitors and reassesses patient needs to ensure that their plan of care remains up-to-date and revises the plan as needed
- Ensures services are provided in accordance with CCAC polices, relevant legislation, and professional disciplines
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with service providers and system partners to deliver quality patient care
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with professional organizations in designated specialty functions to ensure quality of care is current
- Works effectively with superiors and colleagues to deliver effective and efficient patient service delivery
- Other duties as assigned
- A Baccalaureate degree from a recognized university in a health-related field such as Nursing (and/or a combination of nursing education, training and experience), Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, or Social Work (MSW required)
- At least two years of relevant work experience; and current registration with a college recognized by the RHPA
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An oral/written proficiency with Canada's two official languages will be looked upon favourably.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle
- Must be able to operate a computer
Priority consideration will be given to candidates who possess knowledge of Canada's two official languages.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply by 16 December 2015, in writing to:
Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre
5415 Tecumseh Road East, 2nd Floor
Windsor ON N8T 1C5
Fax: 519 258 7354
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please quote the posting number in the subject line of your e-mail:
CHATHAM POSTING # ESC 023/15