Chatham – Kent, Sarnia – Lambton, Windsor – Essex
The Erie St. Clair Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) Patient and Family Centred Care (PFCC) Council is a partnership of patient and family member advisors, service providers and CCAC employees who represent the patient and family perspective. A minimum of ten Patient Advisors will be members of the PFCC Council, and all other PA volunteers will act as volunteers in areas such as program design, operations, employee education, corporate services, human resources and policy venues, by individuals who have experienced care in the community sector.
Role of the Patient Advisor:
- Share their personal experience from a patient and family's perspective within the healthcare system
- Provide input that will help create, implement, and evaluate policies, programs and services
- Assist as available for meetings, presentations, review of patient materials and policies, assist with interviews and employee orientation
- Serve as a PFCC resource for families and staff
- Respect and protect confidentiality of patients, family members and employees at all times and in all circumstances
- Uphold the CCAC and the PFCC Council's mission, vision and values
- Participate in leadership training, coaching and mentoring as needed
- To recommend potential Patient Advisors who represent the diversity of our communities
- Patient Advisors can expect to have processes/terminology explained as needed, and de-briefing after each meeting if requested
- To be given the name and contact information for the organizational contact for PFCC, and key contacts for the senior leadership team
- To be respected for their insight and suggestions in a safe environment where concerns can be discussed
- Participation is voluntary and may be withdrawn at any time with notice. A minimum of a one-year commitment is desired
- To maintain confidentiality of patient and organizationally sensitive information
- To complete Patient Advisor orientation, privacy training and sign a confidentiality form
- Ability to share insights and information about their experience in ways that others can learn from them
- Possess good communication skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals
- Violation of the ESC CCAC Code of Conduct or behavior that is in violation of the PFCC Council's mandate will result in termination of volunteer status
Terms: Volunteer Position
Deadline for Application: Monday, February 02, 2015
How to Apply:
1. Visit the Erie St. Clair CCAC's PFCC webpage
Contact Kelley Doyle,
Senior Lead, Patient and Family-Centered Care
1-888-447-4468 ext. 7247
2. Review the patient advisor information package.
3. Complete and submit an application.
4. Attend a scheduled interview.
5. A decision will be sent via regular mail or email.
Please note: If successful, applicants will be required to complete a Police Background Check, including vulnerable sector check, and sign a confidentiality agreement.