Hospice Palliative Care Nurse Practitioners connect, support and care for patients who have a life-limiting illness. Our nurses help people and families understand their options and provide support.
Home is often the most comforting and supportive place to be when you and your family are facing end-of-life care and decisions. Our team of Hospice Palliative Care Nurse Practitioners form an integral part of your circle of care as you or your family member enter this phase of life. We work closely with your existing supports and professional services, and bring in additional services as needed.
Circle of Care
Your circle of care may include Physicians, Care Coordinators, Pain and Symptom Management Consultants, Advanced Practice Nurses (Clinical Nurse Specialists, Community Nurses and other community health-care providers), and others within your existing support network.
We also recognize the importance of family and friends at this time and include them in the process as much as possible, if you wish.
What do Hospice Palliative Care Nurse Practitioners do?
Our nurse practitioners serve our patients and families in a number of ways:
- We provide early diagnosis of hospice palliative care needs
- We provide direct clinical care in your home (within the scope of practice of a nurse practitioner)
- Help you identify the best possible place to spend your remaining days: home, hospital or hospice
- If you choose to remain at home, we support you to live comfortably in your own home for as long as possible
- We help improve pain and symptom management through medication and other interventions
- We improve access and referrals to specialist services
Referrals for home-based palliative care can be made through us.
Contact Us »