Job Posting #083-21
Home and Community Care Support Services North East offers a wide-range of quality healthcare services and resources to support people of all ages at home, school or in community. In addition to planning, delivering and coordinating care for thousands of people each day in Northeastern Ontario, we also manage eligibility and admissions to long-term care homes, short stay respite, assisted living, and adult day programs. We need caring, motivated people who are driven to help others and make difference in theircommunity, to join our multidisciplinary team.
We have the following permanent, full-time position available immediately:
Manager, Clinical Services
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Home and Community Care Support Services North East is seeking a dynamicindividual to support the daily operational delivery of clinical services programs. Reporting to the Director, Regional Child & Family & Regional Therapy Services, this position will lead a team in coordinating the delivery, and ensuring the quality of patient care services. This position will also be responsible forensuring service standards, reviewing caseloads, and monitoring service levels to ensure effective resource allocation.
- Manages a team of staff in the delivery of coordinated, quality community health care;
- Identifies critical service delivery issues and refines services forthe patient population as needed;
- Participates in the development, and leads the implementation and evaluation of service delivery models;
- Manages complex and difficult patient issues and complaints which cannot be handled in a routine manner;
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with service providers to deliverquality patient care;
- Represents the organization on multi-disciplinary committees and community agency working groups;
- Establishes and maintains relationships with professional organizations in designated specialty functions to ensure quality of care is current;
- Ability to work co-operatively with and be a key resource to all levels of internal staff and managers regarding designated service;
- Meets with staff to identify program needs and develop input to fiscal and operational planning;
- Contributes to a safe and healthy environment by following safe work procedures, reporting injuries, illnesses, and unsafe working conditions;
- Leads and contributes to continuous quality improvement strategies;
- Engages and involves staff in change initiatives;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered healthcare professional with a degree (or equivalent) in Nursing, Health Sciences or a related field;
- Significant experience in diverse and unionized community health care environments;
- Leadership experience would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of community resources and roles of health care professionals;
- Good knowledge and understanding of legislation governing health care activities;
- Knowledge of direct care/case management models used in community health care organizations;
- Well-developed planning, organizing, critical thinking, decision making and evaluation skills;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to work collaboratively with multiple health disciplines;
- Strong coaching, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Certified Health Executive designation preferred, but not required;
- Must have valid driver's license and access to a vehicle, as regular travel will be required between offices;
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in English.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualification and experience and subject to job evaluation.
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letterand resume via email to email@example.com
For more information on Home and Community Care Support Services North East, please visit us at http://healthcareathome.ca/northeast.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.
Please reference Job Posting #083-21 when applying.
Home and Community Care Support Services North East is an equal opportunities employerand welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.