JOB POSTING #126-21
POSTING DATE: August 12, 2021
JOB TITLE: Team Assistant – Part-Time (49 hours bi-weekly) INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: Community Long Stay (NB TA LS-003) BARGAINING AGENT: OPSEU
LOCATION: North Bay
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
Home and Community Care Support Services North East offers a wide-range of quality health- care services and resources to support people of all ages at home, school or in community. In addition to planning, delivering and coordinating care for thousands of people each day in Northeastern Ontario, we also manage eligibility and admissions to long-term care homes, short stay respite, assisted living, and adult day programs. We need caring, motivated people who are driven to help others and make difference in theircommunity, to join ourmulti-disciplinary team.
The Team Assistant is responsible forthe provision of clerical, medical supplies, records, reception and/or administrative support services to staff of the Home and Community Care portfolio.
- Relevant experience providing clerical support services in a computerized office environment;
- Considerable interpersonal skills are required when interacting with staff, patients, and service providers;
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills;
- Good understanding of general office administrative processes and procedures;
- Advanced keyboarding skills and proven proficiency with a variety of database programs;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy when inputting and sharing data;
- Ability to use scheduling software (e.g. Outlook calendar) and operate copy machines, fax machines, and otheroffice equipment;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner when discussing issues with otherstaff or patients;
- Demonstrated accuracy in performance of all duties;
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in English is essential.
Home and Community Care Support Services North East is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Individuals with adisability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by August 25, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. by e-mail to:
Applications received afterthe date noted above may be considered unless seniority is the determining factor in selecting the successful candidate.
Please refer to posting number 126-21 when applying.