JOB POSTING #132-21
POSTING DATE: August 19, 2021
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse, Mental Health and Addictions – Full-Time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: Mental Health and Addictions – School Program (TI RN MHA-001)
BARGAINING AGENT: ONA
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
Home and Community Care Support Services North East offers a wide-range of quality health-care services and resources to support people of all ages at home, school or in community. In addition to planning, delivering and coordinating care for thousands of people each day in Northeastern Ontario, we also manage eligibility and admissions to long-term care homes, short stay respite, assisted living, and adult day programs. We need caring, motivated people who are driven to help others and make difference in their community, to join our multi-disciplinary team.
The Registered Nurse, Mental Health and Addictions, will be assigned to a district school board to advise educators, develop individual care plans in collaboration with other professionals and assist school boards in developing strategies to address mental health and addiction needs.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Assisting school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addiction issues;
- Providing medical consultation to educators regarding issues such as medication management for individual students;
- Providing services and support to students with mild to complex mental health and substance abuse issues;
- Developing plans for patients with mental health and addiction needs including the transition of students back to school from hospitalization;
- Providing support or intervention for issues such as self-harm or treatment refusal;
- Play a key role in helping students and/or parents’ access services such as family health and/or addictions agencies;
- Apply knowledge of nursing process, as it relates to scope of practice, to achieve identified client goals.
- Direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth;
- Knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth;
- Solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices;
- Assessment and care planning skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills;
- Registered Nurse and relevant related experience;
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Advanced written and oral proficiency in English is essential;
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Valid Emergency First Aid Certification;
- Travel will be required.
Home and Community Care Support Services North East is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by August 26, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. by e-mail to:
Applications received after the date noted above may be considered unless seniority is the determining factor in selecting the successful candidate.
Please refer to posting number 132-21 when applying.