POSTING DATE: November 27, 2013
JOB TITLE: Physiotherapist – Temporary, Part-Time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: In-Home Therapy (KL IH PT-003)
SCHEDULED HOURS: Minimum 35 hours and up to 70 hours bi-weekly as required
BARGAINING AGENT: OPSEU
LOCATION: Kirkland Lake Branch Office
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 3, 2014 to February 27, 2015
The Physiotherapist is responsible for the provision of physiotherapy services to NE CCAC patients in order to reduce, eliminate, or prevent physical disabilities/impairments and improve the patient’s functional independence and safety in their respective environment.
· Registered Physiotherapist in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario;
· In-depth knowledge of physiotherapy services and other community resources;
· Good understanding of the roles of health care professionals;
· Relevant physiotherapy experience in a community/health care environment;
· Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of physiotherapy tools, processes, equipment, and assistive technology;
· Knowledge of funding agencies related to the physiotherapy recommendations;
· Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. regarding the provision of health care services, privacy, health and safety, etc.);
· Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and professional guidelines set forth by CPO;
· Ability to prioritize professional duties, manage multiple patients, and efficiently organize workload;
· Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work with diverse patient groups, case managers, family members/caregivers/Substitute Decision Makers, health care professionals, community organizations and service providers;
· Effective listening, observation, and facilitation skills;
· Ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means including reports, letters, meetings, and presentations;
· Working knowledge of computer software (email, internet) and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel);
· Travel maybe required;
· Advanced oral and written proficiency in English is essential.
The NE CCAC is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Please refer to posting #210-13 when applying.