POSTING DATE: November 27, 2013
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse, – Temporary, Full-Time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: Mental Health and Addictions – School Program (SUD RN MHA-005)
BARGAINING AGENT: ONA
LOCATION: Sudbury Branch Office
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately to April 17, 2015
The Registered Nurse, Mental Health and Addictions, will be assigned to a district school board to advise educators, develop individual care plans in collaboration with other professionals and assist school boards in developing strategies to address mental health and addiction needs.
NATURE & SCOPE:
· Assisting school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addiction issues;
· Providing medical consultation to educators regarding issues such as medication management for individual students;
· Providing services and support to students with mild to complex mental health and substance abuse issues;
· Developing plans for patients with mental health and addiction needs including the transition of students back to school from hospitalization;
· Providing support or intervention for issues such as self-harm or treatment refusal;
· Play a key role in helping students and/or parents’ access services such as family health and/or addictions agencies;
· Apply knowledge of nursing process, as it relates to scope of practice, to achieve identified client goals.
· Direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth;
· Knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth;
· Solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices;
· Assessment and care planning skills;
· Ability to work independently;
· Effective interpersonal and communications skills;
· Registered Nurse and relevant related experience;
· Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
· Advanced written and oral proficiency in English and French is essential;
· Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
· Travel will be required.
Less qualified candidates may be considered. However, candidates who meet all requirements will be given priority for an interview.
The NE CCAC is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by December 15, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. by e-mail to:
Please refer to posting #218-13 when applying.