POSTING DATE: November 26, 2013
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse, Full-Time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: Rapid Response (SUD RRRN-002)
BARGAINING AGENT: ONA
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
The Registered Nurse - Rapid Response focuses on the care during transition from acute care to home care for eligible complex/chronic adults.
NATURE & SCOPE:
· Provides the first in-home nursing visit within twenty-four (24) hours of hospital discharge for complex/chronic adults;
· Confirms the patient’s hospital discharge plan;
· Communicates the importance of primary care to avoid re-hospitalization;
· Performs medication reconciliation for the patient;
· Reviews medication protocol with patient and caregiver and answers any questions;
· Initiates contact with the primary care provider and updates on the patient’s acute care event and post-discharge regime directly or through the CCAC Care Coordinator;
· Provides direct care to patients and;
· Refers to longer-term community programs through the Care Coordinator as required, once goals of Rapid Response program are met.
· Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
· Relevant experience working as a Registered Nurse;
· Experience in service provision for the complex/chronic adult population;
· Ability to provide quality clinical service delivery in conjunction with patients and other stakeholders;
· Ability to work independently;
· Effective interpersonal and communications skills;
· Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
· Travel to patient homes will be required;
· Advanced oral and written proficiency in English and French is essential.
Less qualified candidates may be considered. However, candidates who meet all requirements will be given priority for an interview.
The NE CCAC is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Please refer to posting #186-13 when applying.