Should you choose to work in Thunder Bay or the Northwest you will find a high quality of life, clean, green, beautiful and healthy communities. Thunder Bay has many big city amenities with the added advantage of a small town atmosphere, unlimited outdoor recreation and a strong sense of community. We also have the 15th highest median household income in Canada.
Here you will find a slower pace of life without long commutes and the hassle of the big city.
Career Benefits when you join the North West CCAC:
Why Thunder Bay?
"Big Ticket" Sports:
- Numerous private and public golf courses
Attractions and Adventures:
Just a 30 minute drive to the Minnesota/Ontario Border where thousands of Thunder Bay-ites go to vacation, shop, and enjoy the outdoors
- 45 minute drive from the border: Grand Marais
- 1 hour drive from the border:
- 3 hour and 30 minute drive from the border (Wisconsin across the river): Duluth
- 5 -6 hour drive from the border: Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
- Mall of America, Professional Sports (NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA), Big Ticket Concerts
Why Northwestern Ontario?
Smaller communities in Northwestern Ontario enjoy the outdoors to the fullest coupled with a slower pace of life, away from the hustle and bustle of the city without being too far from it.
Fort Frances, ON
Atikokan, ON - The Canoeing Capital of Canada
Red Lake, ON - Gateway to Woodland Caribou Provincial Park
Rainy River, ON
Marathon, ON - "Pebble Beach" of the North
Red Rock, ON