CHRONIC DISEASE SELF-MANAGEMENT
One Full Time Position
The Chronic Disease Self Management Training Supervisor will be responsible for the coordination, promotion and support of self-management training initiatives across the North West region. The Training Supervisor will develop and coordinate a volunteer base, coordinate training schedules, develop communication strategies, and identify risks and contingency plans. Specific to the Stanford Chronic Disease Self-Management Program, the Training Supervisor will ensure the quality of the program as per training and licensing agreements. A significant component of the program involves establishing a good working relationship with community groups.
- Post-secondary education in health sciences/administration, adult education/training, or related field.
- Experience in program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to form effective working relationships with internal and external customers and clients.
- Experience with computers in a Windows environment (e.g. Microsoft Office and database programs)
- Proficiency in conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of and experience in principles of adult education, facilitation and volunteer coordination.
- Sensitivity to needs of individuals with ongoing physical and mental health conditions.
- Advanced written and oral proficiency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- French language is an asset
- Proof of educational credentials
- Proof of a valid driver's license
- Personal transportation
Thunder Bay with extensive travel within the District required
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience, quoting competition number to:
Chrysta Burns, Senior Manager, Human Resources
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Email: email@example.com Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: June 26, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.