One Temporary Full Time Position (1-year contract)
The Communications Officer will assist in the development of an organization-wide comprehensive communications plan in alignment with NWCCAC programs and initiatives. The Communications Officer is responsible for the development and coordination as needed for a variety of internal and external communications strategies.
• Post-secondary education preferably in communications, journalism or public relations
• Minimum of two years' experience in a related field of work such as community outreach, journalism, speechwriting, etc.
• Excellent writing skills
• High proficiency in a variety of computer software products including Photoshop, Illustrator, SharePoint, InDesign, PowerPoint, Word and Publisher
• Superior design skills and attention to detail
• Professional demeanour and attitude
• Proactive and demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• French language is an asset
• Proof of educational credentials
• Proof of a valid driver's license
• Personal transportation
THUNDER BAY OFFICE with some travel throughout the NWCCAC Region
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience, quoting competition #NW14-57, to:
Chrysta Burns, Senior Manager, Human Resources
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Email: email@example.com Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: December 3, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.