ONE FULL TIME TEMPORARY POSITION
(6 MONTH CONTRACT with possible extension to one year)
Under the direction of the Community Care Manager, the Community Care Coordinator (EOL/Palliative Care) assesses client needs and determines eligibility for services according to government and local program guidelines. Establishes and implements a multi-disciplinary plan of care and coordinates the services with community, hospitals, institutions, schools and the District on an ongoing basis. In this role, the CCC (EOL/Palliative Care) will work closely with all Palliative Care providers, focusing on an integrated approach for assisting medically complex, palliative clients.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Nurse Certification [CHPCN(c)] or a willingness to pursue
- LEAP certification (Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative and End of Life Care) is preferred/or to be taken at the earliest opportunity
- Demonstrated nursing experience working within a Palliative Approach to care
- Excellent knowledge of community resources and roles of health professionals
- Excellent assessment, decision-making and priority setting skills showing initiative and self-direction
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships
- Proven skills in understanding and assessing Client and Family experience
- Demonstrated comfort working with palliative /end of life clients
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with all members of the individuals care/ support team
- Exceptional communication skills are essential to this role
- Strong computer skills with a high level of competency in tracking statistical information
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attendance is essential
- Bilingual in French an asset
- Proof of registration in applicable regulatory College.
- Proof of valid driver's license.
- Personal transportation.
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience, quoting competition #NW14-43, to:
Chrysta Burns, Senior Manager, Human Resources
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: August 22, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all
applicants however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.