Under the direction of the Community Care Manager, the Community Care Coordinator assesses client needs and determines eligibility for services according to government and local program guidelines. For those who are eligible, establishes and implements a multi-disciplinary plan of care and coordinates the services with community, hospitals, institutions, schools and the District on an ongoing basis. The Community Care Coordinator assists clients in accessing placement services and medical supplies and plans for alternate care when clients are not eligible for services.
- Baccalaureate Degree in a Health Related discipline (e.g. Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Social Work, Speech-language Pathology)
- Minimum of three years' experience in community health or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of community resources and roles of health professionals; excellent assessment, decision-making and priority setting skills; ability to demonstrate effective working relationships
- Case Management experience or recent related community experience a preferred asset
- Experience with computers in a Windows environment (e.g. Microsoft Office and database programs)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attendance is essential
- Bilingual in French an asset
- Proof of registration in applicable regulatory College
- Proof of valid driver's license
- Personal transportation
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience, quoting competition number, to:
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Fax: (807) 344-5639
If you require accommodation throughout the job posting process, please contact the Human Resources to make appropriate arrangements.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.