Community Care Manager
One Full Time Position
Under the direction of the Director, Community Care, the Community Care Manager provides leadership, supervision and support for the Community Care staff. The Manager is responsible for the assessment, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of systems, activities and goals of the Community Care department, that support the corporate strategic/business plan. The Manager is a liaison with other departments, programs and agencies that promote and support community care, both internal and external to the North West Community Care Access Centre.
• Minimum five (5) years' of leadership experience including:
• teambuilding and team management
• collective agreement implementation
• Bachelor's Degree in a Health Related discipline (e.g. Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Social Work, Speech-language Pathology) a preferred asset
• Case Management experience or recent related community experience a preferred asset
• Excellent knowledge of community resources and roles of health professionals; excellent assessment, decision-making and priority setting skills; ability to demonstrate effective working relationships
• Experience with computers in a Windows environment (e.g. Microsoft Office and database programs)
• Demonstrates a commitment to personal and client safety
• Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Bilingual in French an asset
• Proof of registration in applicable regulatory College.
• Proof of valid driver's license.
• Personal transportation.
• Willing to travel.
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience, quoting competition number, to:
Chrysta Burns, Senior Manager, Human Resources
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: September 30, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.
Accommodations are available upon request during the recruitment process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.