COMMUNITY CARE MANAGER
ONE TEMPORARY FULL TIME POSITION
TO MARCH 31, 2015
Under the direction of the Director, Community Care, the Community Care Manager provides leadership, supervision and support for the Community Care staff. The Manager is responsible for the assessment, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of systems, activities and goals of the Community Care department, that support the corporate strategic/business plan. The Manager is a liaison with other departments, programs and agencies that promote and support community care, both internal and external to the North West Community Care Access Centre.
• Minimum five (5) years' of leadership experience including:
• teambuilding and team management
• collective agreement implementation
• Bachelor's Degree in a Health Related discipline (e.g. Nursing, Occupational Therapy,
Physiotherapy, Social Work, Speech-language Pathology) a preferred asset
• Case Management experience or recent related community experience a preferred
• Excellent knowledge of community resources and roles of health professionals;
excellent assessment, decision-making and priority setting skills; ability to
demonstrate effective working relationships
• Experience with computers in a Windows environment (e.g. Microsoft Office and
• Demonstrates a commitment to personal and client safety
• Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Bilingual in French an asset
• Proof of registration in applicable regulatory College.
• Proof of valid driver's license.
• Personal transportation.
• Willing to travel.
Job responsibilities for this role encompass the Kenora/Rainy River area. However, there is flexibility in the actual geographic location of the incumbent. Applications from candidates within the NWCCAC catchment area will be considered.
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience, quoting competition number, to:
Chrysta Burns, Senior Manager, Human Resources
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Email: email@example.com Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: December 27, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.