Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist is primarily responsible for the development of all Occupational Health & Safety activities, including the establishment of a comprehensive Health & Safety program, AODA, Emergency Planning functions as defined as well as other Human Resources-related activities as directed by the Senior Manager, Human Resources.
The Human Resources Generalist takes a lead role in coordinating and participating in all activities related to Occupational Health & Safety, including the training and educational needs related to WHMIS, Bill 168 and amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and conducts regular audits to ensure ongoing compliance. The incumbent plays a key role in developing and delivering orientation sessions related to Safety and other HR matters as assigned. The incumbent acts as a key resource to the Emergency Response Coordinator in supporting Emergency Planning for the NWCCAC.
The Human Resources Generalist participates in all activities related to Human Resources as directed by the Senior Manager, Human Resources.
The Human Resources Generalist liaises with all members of staff as appropriate to fulfill his/her role within the organization.
- Ideally, post-secondary education in studies related to Human Resources
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Occupational Health & Safety and other Human Resources responsibilities.
- Experience with preparation of reports and statistical computations
- Experience with computers in a Windows environment (e.g. Microsoft Office and database programs)
- Experience delivering training and education
- Experience in leading Committees and meetings
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a team environment
- French language is an asset
- Proof of professional designation
- Proof of a valid driver's license
- Personal transportation
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience, quoting competition number, to:
Chrysta Burns, Senior Manager, Human Resources
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: May 16, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.