MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTIONS NURSES:
One Full Time Position - Fort Frances (NW17-19)
One Temporary Full Time Position - Kenora (NW17-13)
(to December 31, 2017)
The Mental Health and Addictions Nurse will be assigned to a district school board to advise educators, develop individual care plans in collaboration with other professionals and assist boards in developing strategies to address mental health and addiction needs. Responsibilities will include: assisting school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addiction issues; providing services and support to students with mild to complex mental health and substance abuse issues; developing plans for clients with mental health and addiction needs including the transition of students back to school from hospitalization; providing support or intervention for issues such as self‐harm or treatment refusal. The Mental Health and Addictions Nurse will also play a key role in helping students and/or parents' access services such as family health and/or addictions agencies.
- Registered Nurse and relevant related experience;
- current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth;
- knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth;
- solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices;
- advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills;
- ability to work independently;
- effective interpersonal and communications skills ;
- demonstrates a commitment to personal and client safety
- must have valid driver's license and access to a vehicle;
- travel will be required; and,
- proficiency in French is an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Check is required
The NWLHIN serves a diverse population throughout Northwestern Ontario. We welcome resumes from all qualified individuals – we particularly encourage applications from Francophones and First Nations persons.
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application by email, quoting competition number to:
Human Resources, North West Local Health Integration Network
Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: July 28, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
If you require accommodation throughout the job posting process, please contact the Human Resource Strategies and Services Lead to make appropriate arrangements.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.