The North West Community Care Access Centre (NWCCAC) is one of fourteen CCACs in Ontario dedicated to supporting and enhancing the quality of life, independence, health and well-being of individuals in the community by offering a single point of access for community services and demonstrating leadership and excellence in community care.
MENTAL HEALTH & ADDICTIONS NURSE
One Full Time Position
Location: Fort Frances
The Mental Health and Addictions Nurse will be assigned to a district school board to advise educators, develop individual care plans in collaboration with other professionals and assist boards in developing strategies to address mental health and addiction needs. Responsibilities will include: assisting school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addiction issues; providing services and support to students with mild to complex mental health and substance abuse issues; developing plans for clients with mental health and addiction needs including the transition of students back to school from hospitalization; providing support or intervention for issues such as self‐harm or treatment refusal. The Mental Health and Addictions Nurse will also play a key role in helping students and/or parents' access services such as family health and/or addictions agencies.
- Registered Nurse and relevant related experience;
- current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth;
- knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth;
- solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices;
- advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills;
- ability to work independently;
- effective interpersonal and communications skills ;
- demonstrates a commitment to personal and client safety
- must have valid driver's license and access to a vehicle;
- travel will be required; and,
- proficiency in French is an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Check is required
The NWCCAC serves a diverse population throughout Northwestern Ontario. We welcome resumes from all qualified individuals – we particularly encourage applications from Francophones and First Nations persons.
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience quoting competition NW14-06 in confidence to:
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: January 29, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The North West CCAC offers a single point of access to Ontario’s health care and long-term care services.