TWO FULL TIME POSITIONS
(KENORA AND DRYDEN)
The Nurse Practitioner – Palliative Care has a key interdisciplinary, collaborative role in the delivery of palliative / end-of-life care.
- Registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- CNA certification in hospice palliative care or commitment to obtain preferred
- Enhanced clinical skills and knowledge of full scope of practice
- Experience, ideally in community health
- Very strong collaborative skills and the ability to build effective relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with computers in a Windows environment (e.g. Microsoft Office and database programs)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
- Demonstrates a commitment to personal and client safety
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Advanced written and oral proficiency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attendance is essential
- Bilingual in French an asset
- Excellent attendance is essentialBilingual in French an asset
- Must have valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
- Travel will be required
Job responsibilities encompass the Kenora/Sioux Lookout/Dryden area. There is flexibility in the actual geographic location of the incumbent. Applications from candidates within the NWLHIN catchment area will be considered.
The NWLHIN serves a diverse population throughout Northwestern Ontario. We welcome resumes from all qualified individuals – we particularly encourage applications from Francophones and First Nations persons.
LOCATION: KENORA and DRYDEN LOCATIONS
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application by email, quoting competition number NW17-17 (Kenora) or NW17-18 (Dryden), to:
Human Resources, North West Local Health Integration Network
Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: July 28, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
If you require accommodation throughout the job posting process, please contact the Human Resource Strategies and Services Lead to make appropriate arrangements.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.