Under the direction of the Senior Director, Community Care and the Medical Advisor the Nurse Practitioner (Palliative Care) provides services in the full role of nursing including the overlap between nursing and medicine as they relate to quality practice, education, consultation and collaboration for improving the delivery of services. The Nurse Practitioner participates fully as a member of the community health interdisciplinary team.
- Registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in a community health or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in supervisory management
- Excellent knowledge of community resources and roles of health professionals: excellent assessment, decision making, priority setting skills, and the ability to demonstrate effective working relationships
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge of full scope of practice
- Experience with computers in a Windows environment (e.g. Microsoft Office and database programs)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
- Demonstrates a commitment to personal and client safety
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a team environment
- French language is an asset
- Proof of current registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proof of valid drivers' license
- Personal transportation
The NWCCAC serves a diverse population throughout Northwestern Ontario. We welcome resumes from all qualified individuals – we particularly encourage applications from Francophones and First Nations persons.
Position Location - Thunder Bay
The North West CCAC is a Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) employer
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience, quoting competition number, to:
Chrysta Burns, Senior Manager, Human Resources
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Email: email@example.com Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: March 7, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.