The North West Community Care Access Centre (NWCCAC) is one of fourteen CCACs in Ontario dedicated to supporting and enhancing the quality of life, independence, health and well-being of individuals in the community by offering a single point of access for community services and demonstrating leadership and excellence in community care.
REGISTERED NURSE – RAPID RESPONSE
One Full Time Position
Location: Fort Frances
The Registered Nurse - Rapid Response focuses on the care during transition from acute care to home care for eligible complex/chronic adults.
Nature and Scope:
- Provides the first in-home nursing visit within twenty-four (24) hours of hospital discharge for complex/chronic adults;
- Confirms the client's hospital discharge plan;
- Communicates the importance of primary care to avoid re-hospitalization;
- Performs medication reconciliation for the client;
- Reviews medication protocol with client and caregiver and answers any questions;
- Initiates contact with the primary care provider and updates on the client's acute care event and post-discharge regime directly or through the CCAC Community Care Coordinator;
- Provides disease specific self-management education to the client;
- Provides direct care to clients and;
- Refers to longer-term community programs through the Community Care Coordinator as required, once goals of Rapid Response program are met.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Relevant experience working as a Registered Nurse
- Experience in service provision for the complex/chronic adult population
- Ability to provide quality clinical service delivery in conjunction with clients and other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with computers in a Windows environment (e.g. Microsoft Office and database programs)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
- Demonstrates a commitment to personal and client safety
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced written and oral proficiency in English
- Excellent attendance is essential
- Bilingual in French an asset
- Proof of registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Must have valid driver's license and access to a vehicle. Travel will be required.
The NWCCAC serves a diverse population throughout Northwestern Ontario. We welcome resumes from all qualified individuals – we particularly encourage applications from Francophones and First Nations persons.
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience quoting competition NW15-30 in confidence to:
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: June 5, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.