ONE TEMPORARY FULL TIME POSITION
(6 MONTH CONTRACT with
possible extension to one year)
The position provides primarily outpatient social work assessments and intervention for clients and families, both individually and within groups, facilitating the achievement of optimum advanced care planning and psychosocial functioning.
The incumbent will address social, emotional, psychological and cultural needs.
- Bachelor of Social Work degree from an accredited Social work program
- Registration with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers is mandatory
- Five years' experience working within a Palliative approach to care
- Proven skills in understanding and assessing Client and Family experience
- Exceptional communication skills are essential to this role
- Client and family teaching and counselling experience
- Critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- LEAP Certification (Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative and of Life Care) is preferred
- High comfort level dealing with palliative clients
- High level of initiative and self-direction
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Highly proficient in computer applications and software (Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel)
- A strong understanding of health care issues within the community
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight timelines
- French language is considered an asset
• Proof of educational credentials
• Proof of a valid driver's license
• Personal transportation
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience, quoting competition #NW14-42, to:
Chrysta Burns, Senior Manager, Human Resources
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: August 22, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.