SENIOR DECISION SUPPORT DATA ANALYST
One Full Time Position
Location: Thunder Bay
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Data Analysis and Reporting, the Senior Decision Support Data Analyst is responsible for collecting, consolidating, benchmarking and disseminating information as well as proactive analysis to support decision-making within the North West CCAC. The Senior Decision Support Data Analyst will act as a resource to the Supervisor, Data Analysis and Reporting to assist in Information Management and Decision Support operations. In addition the Senior Decision Support Data Analyst will also collaborate with IS/IT Services on projects in a capacity supporting information management activities to ensure they align to current and future decision support needs. In order to function effectively in this highly collaborative position, the incumbent must have the ability to identify, analyze and communicate complex concepts in simplified terms. Additional duties will include database administration and development of integration/automation solutions that maximize value of services provided.
- A combination of educational training in computer sciences or related field and/or job experience in decision support, information systems and data management.
- Expertise in specific applications such as SQL, Crystal, Cognos
- Previous experience in a quality analysis and improvement environment
- Sound knowledge of outcome measurement and proven ability in using statistical approaches to data analysis
- Sound knowledge of performance improvement approaches used in healthcare and community care settings
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications including the ability to design complex spreadsheet and databases
- In-depth knowledge of technology products and skills including databases, word processing, spreadsheets and project management applications with some familiarity with various programming languages
- Solid understanding of CCAC programs and objectives
- Sound knowledge of service delivery practices in community care agencies
- Knowledge of healthcare reporting requirements and CIHI guidelines regarding the Home Care Reporting System (HCRS)
- Significant progressive managerial experience overseeing and developing complex information systems and projects.
- Advanced knowledge of finance principles and practices and of relevant legislation.
- Thorough understanding of internal controls and compliance auditing.
- Strong ability to explain complex technical information to a varied audience
- Strong ability to integrate sound analysis into diverse operations.
- Strong business acumen to integrate effectively into program operations.
- Expertise in data privacy legislation, laws and practices and in security requirements.
- Expertise in data management and forecasting
- Excellent written skills for documenting user requirements
- French language is an asset
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Experience in a team environment
- Proof of registration in applicable professional association
- Proof of a valid driver's license
- Personal transportation
We are designated as a French Language Services organization and encourage bilingual candidates to apply. Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume outlining their qualifications and experience to:
Chrysta Burns, Senior Manager, Human Resources
North West Community Care Access Centre
961 Alloy Drive
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5Z8
Fax: (807) 344-5639
Deadline for applications: December 11, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The North West CCAC offers a single point of access to Ontario's health care and long-term care services. To learn more about the North West CCAC please visit our website at: www.nw.ccac-ont.ca