Preparing for a Home Visit Banner.png 

There are many potential fire sources in your home.  The most dangerous room in your home is the kitchen which contains many heat sources with the potential to start a fire including your stove, microwave, toaster, etc.  It is important that when cooking in the kitchen, you ensure that all clutter is cleared away from your stove, and food that is cooking is not left unattended.

It is very important that you have working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in your home.  Be sure to test them regularly as well as check for expiration dates.

For more information, please contact your local fire department.