We have casual opportunities to join our teams (Barrie, South Georgian Bay, North Simcoe, Couchiching and Muskoka) to serve our patients in the community.
As a Care Coordinator with Home and Community Care Support Services NSM, you will assess patients for eligibility for home and community care services. Care Coordinators work collaboratively with patients, their families, and caregivers to coordinate appropriate services. Care Coordinators are also responsible for continually monitoring, supporting, managing, and evaluating care plans.
- Practitioner in one of the following health disciplines: registered nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist or social worker (MSW) with a degree at the baccalaureate level is required.
- Member in good standing with a regulatory body in Ontario is required.
- Clinical knowledge expertise in resource management, coordination.
- Experience with community health services.
- Experience working with various heath disciplines as well as the public and interagency contact.
- Understanding the long-term care and health care delivery system in the province of Ontario.
- Community case management experience is preferred.
- Advanced assessment skills.
- Strong, inclusive communication skills (listening, speaking and writing).
- Team player with the ability to use each other's skills.
- Proficient in the use of computerized processes, including the use of mobile (laptop) technology in a remote environment.
- Ability to travel and a valid driver's license/vehicle are required. (Applicants are asked to review our North Simcoe Muskoka geography to ensure it is understood where our patients are being served).
- Ability to communicate in French or other languages an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
- As per the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) Collective Agreement, the salary range is from $35.87 per hour to a maximum of $46.80 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Varying work schedules
- Office location in Barrie in addition to hospitals in our Home and Community Care Support Services NSM (RVH, OSMH, CGMH, GBGH and MAHC (both SMMH and HDMH sites)
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, state ' CARE COORDINATOR" and the area you are willing to work (ie., Muskoka, Simcoe County or both) in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to email@example.com.
Home and Community Care Support Services is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
Home and Community Care Support Services is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screening process, Home and Community Care Support Services requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Our Barrie office remains closed due to COVID-19. Employees hired for roles that typically operate out of our Barrie office will work remotely from home until further notice. Employees hired for hospital positions will continue to work in hospital locations with safety precautions in place as per the Ministry of Health.
Home and Community Care Support Services play a key role in Ontario’s health care system. Working in partnership with patients, families, providers and community organizations, Home and Community Care Support Services ensure people have access to the health care they need — at home and in the community.
This is an important time for health care in Ontario as we move towards a better connected system that creates more seamless care for patients. Home and Community Care Support Services North Simcoe Muskoka is pivotal in this process. We are structurally now part of Ontario Health-Central Region, along with the Central West, Central, and Mississauga Halton Home and Community Care Support Services. Entrusted with planning, funding, integrating and delivering health care across our region, together, we are finding better ways to provide high-quality services to the people who call our region home.
Home and Community Care Support Services values the health and safety of its employees and is committed to the prevention of COVID-19 exposure and transmission of infection to employees, patients, caregivers, volunteers, visitors and residents. As a requirement of Home and Community Care Support Services Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all employees must be considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19.