We are seeking a self-starter with strong verbal and written communications skills and expertise in digital communications to manage and administer multiple digital platforms, including, NSMhealthline.ca (information and referral database), websites, intranet, extranet and social media. The individual will also support the development and implementation of internal and external communication tactics on behalf of the organization.
- Administer NSMhealthline.ca, our information and referral database, including overall site maintenance, upgrades, recording updates, adding news stories and community events, and training new staff on navigating NSMhealthline.ca and searching its database.
- Work with the provincial healthline.ca team to develop mini- and macro-sites for NSMhealthline.ca, including upgrades.
- Serve as the Home and Community Care Support Services North Simcoe Muskoka representative for provincial healthline.ca working groups.
- Review, edit and proofread materials to meet Home and Community Care Support Services’ high standard of excellence and compliance with the organization’s brand standards.
- Act as the administrator for external websites, extranet and Intranet (content writing, posting, publishing, fixing links, and managing content).
- Review and modify documents to ensure compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) prior to posting documents on our corporate websites.
- Ensure compliance with the French Language Services Act.
- Liaise with subject matter experts to research, write, edit, design and contribute to patient brochures and collateral, promotional videos and key program and service material.
- Responsible for daily media monitoring of local media outlets and submitting articles to Regional media clippings lead for consolidation and dissemination.
- Act as the media clippings lead on a rotational basis – monitoring national outlets, government websites, etc., consolidating clippings into template and distributing.
- Document and track media inquiries and resulting coverage on behalf of Region.
- Participate in event planning to support stakeholder engagements, staff and media events.
- Provide back-up for the communications coordinator.
- Perform other tasks as required in support of communication priorities and projects.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business, Public Relations or Communications, or equivalent education, training and experience.
Experience / Knowledge / Competencies
- Advanced computer and database management skills, with the ability to use a variety of software applications, including the MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel), and HTML files.
- Two (2) years of related experience in an office environment.
- Proven ability to communicate in a positive, accepting manner, carefully listening and precisely translating what is heard.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and establish solid working relationships with staff, service providers and other health and social services resources in the community.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Canva.com, etc.
- Understanding of AODA requirements and ability to create accessible documents.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrable creative problem solving and effective interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and self-directed approach with a track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously, following through on commitments and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to be professional and tactful in all dealings.
- Demonstrated ability to research/investigate issues and resolve problems.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, stating “Communications Assistant” in the subject line of your email, to email@example.com
. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Home and Community Care Support Services North Simcoe Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Home and Community Care Support Services North Simcoe Muskoka is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
Home and Community Care Support Services North Simcoe Muskoka is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screening process, Home and Community Care Support Services North Simcoe Muskoka requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.