Reporting to the Manager of Business Intelligence, this contract position will be responsible for testing and quality assurance activities related to database programming for a large healthcare data warehousing project. This will include test file creation, output review and code standardization and interpretation.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Executes testing activities under the direction and supervision of the team lead.
- Performs unit testing, regression testing, UAT, compatibility and portability testing.
- Contributes to improving the consistency, accuracy and portability of the code
- Participates in creating program documentation, amending existing documentation and diagrams, and properly logging defects found through testing.
- Communicates defects identified through testing, finding root causes and clearly documents them.
- Provides feedback to the team, making appropriate amendments for consistency, readability and clarity of the SQL and C# code and documentation.
- Executes data management, data matching and data quality tasks, such as categorize data, derive analytic themes from data, and validate data accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Familiarity with relational database concepts; SQL or Access.
- Moderate Excel skills; experience with PivotTables.
- Experience with testing practices – unit testing, integration, UAT, regression testing.
- Experience writing C# or C++ code (or any other OOP language); familiar with programming logic.
- Knowledge of manual and automated testing skills.
- Must be a quick learner and provide great attention to detail.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC); understanding of waterfall model, iterative model, and particularly agile model is preferred.
- Experience developing reports and report templates (preferably via Excel, SSRS or Report Builder) is preferred.
- Experience or familiarity with healthcare sector is an asset.
- Experience in testing data warehouse projects is an asset.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
Outstanding care – every person, every day.
To deliver a seamless experience through the health system for people in our diverse communities, providing equitable access, individualized care coordination and quality health care.
We believe in honest and ethical behaviour.
We make our clients our first priority.
We accept responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
We treat ourselves and others with dignity and understanding.
We are committed to the delivery of high quality service through education and the application of best practice.
To apply for this position, state the position's job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday February 3, 2017.
NSM CCAC is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process NSM CCAC requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (if applicable).