The North Simcoe Muskoka Local Health Integration Network (NSM LHIN) is one of 14 local organizations that have been created in Ontario to plan, coordinate and fund local health services, including hospitals, community care access centres, long-term care homes, community health centres, community support service agencies, and mental health and addictions agencies. The office of the North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN is located in Orillia, Ontario. Each of the province's 14 Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) is subdivided into smaller regions generally referred to as sub-regions. In North Simcoe Muskoka, the sub- regions are Barrie, South Georgian Bay, North Simcoe, Muskoka and Couchiching.
The NSM LHIN is home to close to 453,710 people and encompasses the District of Muskoka, most of the County of Simcoe and a portion of Grey County. Responsible for $832 million in funding to allocate amongst 61 unique health service provider organizations, North Simcoe Muskoka residents have benefited from numerous LHIN programs and initiatives.
The NSM LHIN is looking for professionals with the right skills to work with their multi-disciplinary teams to use best practices and leading edge approaches to meet their populations' health needs today and in the future.
Help Desk Analyst (Permanent Full-time)
The position will support the maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems, both hardware and software and will participate in the successful delivery of IT solutions to meet LHIN business needs.
The position will apply technical skills and knowledge to ensure that IT systems are available to meet the demands of the organization by applying the principles and skills of incident and problem management and resolution, change management, configuration management, performance management, emergency response and communication. In addition, this role will provide first-level technical support to internal and external customers, as well as assistance to all members of the IT Team.
- Ensure IT management and IT team are kept current by effectively communicating:
- Any identified issues and/or outages as well as any proposed/applied solutions
- The implications of new or revised systems
- Throughout the Change Management and Project Management continuums
- Manage communication within the organization on new, on-going and/or pending outages affecting performance and/or availability of systems
- Manage information flow coming into the IT team, either by acting upon received information (i.e. System Advisories) or by assigning to the appropriate resource within the IT team
- Interface with Health Shared Services of Ontario (HSSO) and external support as required
- Develop and/or maintain the documentation for various components in the IT environment including: configurations, guidelines, processes/procedures, knowledge base content and change management documentation
- Develop reference, training and operations documentation for applications and/or systems
Technical Support (Incident Management)
- Maintain and manage a "queue" of outstanding requests for support, assistance and changes, as well as other tasks and/or scheduled events requiring completion, ensuring that items are categorized and prioritized appropriately to determine the necessary completion deadline
- Provide first level support services either remotely (preferred) or in-person for hardware, applications, and other technologies in the network environment by resolving IT-related issues for internal and external (i.e. Shared Services) Customers within specified timelines
- Engage HSSO and/or other external technicians for support when necessary
- Participate in IT after-hours on-call rotation and be able to provide emergency support (technical and facility-related) by telephone and/or remote access to LHIN staff, as well as
- Reinforce initial training and education provided to staff and re-engage Educators when necessary for re-education to individuals or groups of staff
- Collaborate with team members and other groups to ensure that patient needs are met for the overall benefit of IT and the LHIN
- Enable and support a mobile workforce through the use of tools and technologies, including providing support and recommendations for connectivity issues
- Test, install, integrate, configure and monitor components in the IT environment
- Assess the impact of hardware and software changes on the computing environment
- Obtain approval for proposed and/or planned changes
- Coordinate with internal and external resources to ensure effective change control processes are applied including timely communication
- Identify, document, monitor, investigate, manage, and resolve problems
- Apply configuration management practices and processes in order to ensure operational effectiveness and stability
- Maintain accurate Asset Tracking documentation
- Ensure adequate hardware inventory is maintained, configured, and available and inform Manager of any pending requirements
- Assign and install appropriate hardware and/or software for customers as required, including deploying images to workstations
- Install/move and configure any printers and other peripherals as required
- Assist the team with larger scale deployments and lease replacements of equipment
- Ensure current versions of patches, updates, etc., are applied to existing systems
- Utilize technical skills and techniques to perform hardware troubleshooting
- Provide user account and mailbox administration and configuration for internal and external Customers, as well as account management for external providers (i.e. CHIN, HPG, Extranet)
- Facilitate connectivity with external systems (e.g. eCHN, Meditech, ROAM, etc.) by processing applications for credentials and providing technical support
- Process staff through the home office application procedure (i.e. testing, training, etc.)
- Identify and address potential or occurring performance issues
- Monitor and test system performance
- Ensure that meeting room technologies (i.e. OTN) are available and functional in advance of booked meetings
Emergency preparedness and response
- Support backup and recovery processes and procedures for the computing environment
- Work with available IT team members to engage and follow emergency response plans during outages
- Aid in the analysis of outage root cause and initiate/implement corrective action
- Work with emergency response control groups and HSSO and/or external technicians in response to critical events
- Participate in IT-related projects across the organization
- Participate in on-call (after-hours) rotation to provide emergency support (technical and facility related) to LHIN staff, as well as selective technical support to Shared Service Partners and LHIN providers, vendors or suppliers where applicable
- Coordinate the activities of internal, HSSO, and external technicians
- Ensure that security policies, standards and procedures are followed
- Follow LHIN's IT policies, standards and guidelines
- Maintain personal technical currency
- Assist and share knowledge with other Information Technology team members
- Take steps to ensure the safest possible patient care in accordance with the Patient Safety Plan, including reporting risk events
- All employees are accountable to follow safe practices related to the security and privacy of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced computer skills including: client, network, security, and telecommunications
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, organization, multitasking, time management and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening) and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in everyday language using a variety of communication methods
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships
- Demonstrates professional and courteous manner in interpersonal relationships
- Provides information and allows opportunity for questioning, reinforcement of information
- Solid understanding of business practices with understanding of project management tasks
- Maintains composure and strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Valid driver's license, insurance and access to a motor vehicle are required
- Hours of work are within 0830 and 2030 hours as scheduled according to the needs of the organization. May include weekends.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide support and assistance via telephone during evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in French is an asset
- Post-secondary diploma in information technology or related fields required.
- Certification in relevant IT service management courses such as IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) courses (preferred)
- Advanced training and proficiency of MS Office applications (preferred)
Experience / Knowledge
- 1-2 years' experience in a technical support role
- Previous help desk experience is an asset
- Experience using or supporting CHRIS application is an asset
- Experience with computer hardware
- Experience with Windows-based operating environments, various internet connection configurations and basic network connectivity
To be successful, you will be able to work with initiative and judgment, be adaptable to changing priorities and have good problem-solving skills. You will have the confidence to work independently and be a contributor to team performance. Your communication and interpersonal skills will be an asset when managing day-to-day issues in a fast-paced environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm on Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
The LHIN is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.
Available in French upon request.