This full-time position is accountable to the Manager, IT and Infrastructure for implementation and upgrade, ongoing support and maintenance, consultation and/or promotion of specific application(s) and the business processes and procedures surrounding their use in order to meet the business needs of the CCAC.
The Application Specialist will apply advanced skills and knowledge to ensure that the application(s) are available and able to meet the demands of the organization by applying the principles of release and change management, as well as incident and problem management and resolution. In addition, advanced skills in project leadership, communication and presentation and business process analysis and improvement will be utilized to ensure that the application(s) continue to meet the requirements of the organization. This role will provide second-tier technical support to internal and external Customers, as well as assistance to members of the IT Team related to the application(s).
This role will be primarily responsible for SharePoint
2013 administration, engineering and infrastructure architecture and support,
assist and backup Senior Systems Analyst and Application Specialist - CHRIS,
Business Intelligence and Technology in the performance of their functions.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Ensure IT management, key stakeholders and users are kept current by effectively communicating:
- Any identified issues and/or outages as well as any proposed/applied solutions
- The implications of new or revised systems
- Throughout the Change Management and Project Management continuums
- Participate in the communication process associated with managing outages and degradations as well as releases and changes
- Liaise with vendors and support when necessary
- Interface with other partners of users of the system as required
- Develop and/or maintain the documentation for the various components of the application(s) including: configurations, guidelines, processes/procedures, knowledge base content, change management documentation and instructions related to incident and problem management
- Develop reference, training and operations documentation for applications
- Provide 2nd level support services either remotely (preferred) or in-person related to use or configuration of the application and its environment by resolving IT-related issues for internal and external Customers/Partners within specified timelines
- Research solutions and provide assistance to 1st level support staff
- Engage internal or external technicians for technical support when necessary
- Provide system administration for configuration of application(s)
- Collaborate with staff and other key stakeholders in the identification and evaluation of business challenges including the development and implementation of proposed solutions
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to ensure that client needs are met for the overall benefit NSM CCAC
- Test, install, integrate, configure and monitor components of the application(s)
- Assess the impact of hardware and software changes on the application environment
- Obtain appropriate approval for proposed and/or planned changes
- Coordinate with internal and external resources to ensure effective change control processes are applied including timely communication
- Identify, document, monitor, investigate, manage, and resolve problems related to the application(s)
- Apply configuration management practices and processes in order to ensure application effectiveness and stability
- Maintain accurate configuration documentation and history
- Work with the Manager to coordinate larger scale deployments/releases
- Ensure current versions of supporting applications/add-ins are identified and maintained on existing systems within the infrastructure
- Utilize advanced technical skills and techniques to perform complex troubleshooting
- Support and develop the documentation for continuity of support across the IT team
- Identify and/or address potential or occurring application performance issues
- Monitor, test, and enhance system performance and plan for any future requirements
- Maintain an environment for testing and deploying releases and upgrades to application(s)
- Maintain a release feature history for reference
- Ensure future application environment requirements are planned for and deployed in a timely manner
- Participate and/or lead project teams and working groups tasked with development, review and/or implementation of new business features or changes to current functionality or processes as it relates to the use of applications within the organization.
Emergency preparedness and response
- Maintain and support backup and recovery processes and procedures for the application environment(s);
- Work with IT team members to engage and follow emergency response plans during outages
- Lead the analysis of outage or performance root cause and initiate/implement corrective action
- Work with emergency response control groups and OACCAC and/or external technicians in response to critical events
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Four year university degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE) certificate or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certificate with courses and training in SharePoint 2013 administration, engineering and infrastructure (preferred)
- Certification related to currently used network/application administration software (preferred)
- Certification in relevant IT service Management courses such as IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) courses (preferred)
- 3-5 years' experience in SharePoint 2013 administration, engineering and infrastructure, computing and networking technologies including Windows Servers, Active Directory and BackOffice technologies, LAN/WAN and Internet environments, and the configuration, and operation of a variety of secure networks and computer equipment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening) and presentation skills
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships
- Valid driver's license, insurance and access to a motor vehicle are required
- Hours of work are within 0830 and 2030 hours as scheduled according to the needs of the organization. May include weekends.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide support and assistance via telephone during evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in French is an asset
Outstanding care – every person, every day.
To deliver a seamless experience through the health system for people in our diverse communities, providing equitable access, individualized care coordination and quality health care.
We believe in honest and ethical behaviour.
We make our clients our first priority.
We accept responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
We treat ourselves and others with dignity and understanding.
We are committed to the delivery of high quality service through education and the application of best practice.
To apply for this full-time position, state the position's job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to email@example.com by July 29, 2016.
NSM CCAC is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process NSM CCAC requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check.