Reporting to the Manager, Business Intelligence, this position is responsible for collecting, consolidating, analyzing, benchmarking and disseminating information to support program evaluation and decision-making to maximize patient service delivery.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Collects and Consolidates Data
- Designs tools and processes for extracting and managing performance data.
- Extracts, aggregates and analyzes data from disparate sources.
- Identifies gaps in data availability and defines and implements solutions to close the gaps.
- Provides integrated financial, statistical, and clinical information to support evidence-based decision-making.
- Ensures and monitors compliance regarding data requirements, collection methodology, data analysis and information dissemination to meet external regulatory requirements, and the internal needs of the organization.
- Initiation and analysis of quality improvement data pertinent to current and future information systems (MDS-HC, CIAT, etc.).
- Analysis of effectiveness of methods for data collection and their ability to forecast future needs.
- Development of methods in data collection to meet identified gaps (as identified in analysis).
- Anticipates information needs, utilizing appropriate needs assessment methodology. Identifies gaps in current availability and accessibility and defines and implements solutions to close the gaps.
- Utilizes appropriate methodology to develop and implement benchmarking approaches and assists with the dissemination of pertinent information throughout the organization.
- Supports the annual business planning process.
- Ensures data integrity and compliance throughout the project life cycle
- Support patient safety culture by ensuring data reviewed recognizes the safety of the patient(s).
Disseminates Information to Support Program Evaluation and Decision-Making
- Provides project support such as process mapping, development of quality metrics and measures, and information definitions
- Develops and implements educational tools and materials to facilitate the use of information as a strategic resource
- Provides performance improvement reports to managers and staff through the creation of graphs, charts, worksheets, reports and individual consultations
- Coordinates and prepares reports for internal stakeholders and the Board such as balanced scorecard reports, presentations and board performance packages.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Excellent computer skills including databases, word processing spreadsheets, project management applications and programming.
- Experience with Crystal Reporting and SQL Server queries preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methodological approaches in quality outcome evaluation.
- Knowledge of outcome measurement used in corporate performance measurements.
- Excellent organizational, project management, interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
Outstanding care – every person, every day.
To deliver a seamless experience through the health system for people in our diverse communities, providing equitable access, individualized care coordination and quality health care.
We believe in honest and ethical behaviour.
We make our clients our first priority.
We accept responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
We treat ourselves and others with dignity and understanding.
We are committed to the delivery of high quality service through education and the application of best practice.
To apply for this full-time position, state the position's job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 29, 2016.
NSM CCAC is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process NSM CCAC requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (if applicable).