A business intelligence architecture is a framework for organizing the data, information management and technology components that are used to build business intelligence (BI) systems for reporting and data analytics. The underlying BI architecture plays an important role in business intelligence projects because it affects development and implementation decisions.
Business intelligence architecture is a framework for organizing the data, and the information management and technology components that are used to build business intelligence (BI) systems for reporting and data analytics. The underlying BI architecture plays an important role in business intelligence projects because it affects development and implementation decisions, scalability and sustainability for future uses.
Accountable to the Manager, Business Intelligence, the Business Intelligence Architect is an integral part of the Regional Decision Support team, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, mentoring and leading the work of the decision support analysts, and providing strategic decision support services to the North Simcoe Muskoka Community Care Access Centre (NSM LHIN) and community partners using integrated data from community health services organizations within the region. Relationship building and communication skills are as important as technical skills due to the wide variety of stakeholders that need to be engaged.
The BI Architect will lead the design of the solution supporting regional initiatives, covering the stakeholder engagement, project management, business analysis, overseeing system architecture and security, data warehouse (data modeling and ETL), and business intelligence development (reporting, dashboards, cubes, portal pages, security, and usability). As a technical lead, the BI Architect will also mentor other BI staff and foster strong relationships with partners. These skills will be applied in the CCAC BI environment and team as needed.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Five (5) years of related experience with 2-3 years of experience in a lead role
- Five (5) years of experience in a health care environment preferred
- Expert knowledge of business analysis, performance measurement, statistical analysis, strategic management planning processes, and data modeling
- Excellent computer skills with database management (SQL) and business intelligence development tools (Microsoft BI tools preferred), as well as standard office tools such as MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and statistical analysis tools like Minitab or SPSS
- Excellent technical skills with strong analytical and diagnostics background
- Ability to use metrics in an operation environment to suggest and implement continuous improvement, preferably in the health care sector
- Demonstrates leadership, motivational and team-building skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening) and presentation skills
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates group facilitation skills
- Has the ability to be an effective change manager
- Provide information and allows opportunity for questioning, reinforcement of information
- Excellent organizational, project management, interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
Outstanding care – every person, every day.
To deliver a seamless experience through the health system for people in our diverse communities, providing equitable access, individualized care coordination and quality health care.
We believe in honest and ethical behaviour.
We make our clients our first priority.
We accept responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
We treat ourselves and others with dignity and understanding.
We are committed to the delivery of high quality service through education and the application of best practice.
To apply for this full-time position, state the position's job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to email@example.com by April 29, 2016.
NSM CCAC is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process NSM CCAC requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (if applicable).