JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY:
The Client Care Coordinator (CCC) is responsible for assessing the client's eligibility for CCAC services and assists the client, their caregivers and families to participate in the planning of their care by coordinating appropriate services and continually monitoring, supporting, managing and evaluating the plan of care through assessments with clients.
- Practitioner in one of the following health disciplines: Registered Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker (MSW) with a degree at the baccalaureate level is required.
- Member in good standing with a regulatory body in Ontario is required.
- Clinical knowledge expertise in resource management and coordination.
- Experience with community health services.
- Experience working with various heath disciplines as well as the public and interagency contact.
- Understanding the long-term care and health care delivery system in the province of Ontario.
- Community case management experience is preferred.
- Advanced assessment skills.
- Strong, inclusive communication skills (listening, speaking and writing).
- Team player with the ability to use each other's skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving as individuals and in a team environment.
- Embrace client centered philosophy of care and embody excellent customer service practices.
- Ability to think creatively, be flexible and accept innovative approaches to service delivery.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiation skills that reinforce the need to be accountable to the client while balancing system and partners resources and limitations.
- Resourceful and inquisitive with a good understanding of community resources.
- Organized and responsive to client, partner and community needs.
- Proficient in the use of computerized processes, including the use of mobile (laptop) technology.
- Team player with the ability to adapt to change and perform efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Motivation to continue learning as practices and systems change and evolve.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open and participatory environment where leadership is shared and decisions are jointly made.
- Ability to advocate for both client and partner needs.
- Ability to travel and a valid driver's license/vehicle are required for home visits.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Ability to communicate in French or other languages an asset.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU!
- As per the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) CCAC Collective Agreement, the salary ranges from $31.66 per hour to a maximum of $41.31 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
- Home office availability to eligible employees.
- Varying work schedules.
- Generous vacation.
- Office locations in Barrie and Huntsville.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume by February 14, 2014 via email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.