Reporting to the Director of Communications and Stakeholder Relations, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for the preparation of communication materials, community engagement activities with the broader public and health sector community, and management of the NSM CCAC Information and Referral database.
Supporting the organization's strategic priorities this role will assist NSM CCAC's care team in building links to external agencies, maintain a robust regional online database and educate the public and care partners on utilization of the Information and Referral database.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the corporate communication plan for the NSM CCAC.
- Prepare internal and external newsletters, an annual report, patient brochures, presentations and key program and service promotional material for various audiences.
- Oversee the inventory of all brochures and collateral, including liaising with suppliers and engaging subject matter experts on edits.
- Review, edit and proofread materials including the public website to meet NSM CCAC's high standard of excellence and compliance with the organization's brand standards.
- Ensure compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the French Language Services Act.
- Organize and track NSM CCAC participation in community events and attend/present at community events as required (which may include Saturday events).
- Oversee the Information and Referral database including overall site maintenance, upgrades, news stories and community events and education plan (internal and external).
- Promote the Information and Referral database and build support for participation in the database by external agencies.
- Conduct regular media scans on topics of interest.
- Accountable for developing and distributing key patient information aligned to patient safety and sound risk management within the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Follow safe practices related to the security and privacy of personal health information and the freedom of information and protection of privacy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business, Public Relations or Communications required.
- Oral and written proficiency in French is preferred.
- Minimum of two years related experience in a marketing and communications environment.
- AIRS Certified Resource Specialist an asset.
- Advanced computer and database management skills, with the ability to use a variety of software applications, including the MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel), HTML files, SharePoint and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of the French Language Services Act and AODA.
- Valid driver's license, insurance and access to a motor vehicle are required.
Outstanding care – every person, every day.
To deliver a seamless experience through the health system for people in our diverse communities, providing equitable access, individualized care coordination and quality health care.
We believe in honest and ethical behaviour.
We make our clients our first priority.
We accept responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
We treat ourselves and others with dignity and understanding.
We are committed to the delivery of high quality service through education and the application of best practice.
To apply for this full-time position, state the position's job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday January 27th, 2017.
NSM CCAC is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process NSM CCAC requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (if applicable).