Posting Number: 14-16
Job Title: Contract Management Specialist
Office Location: Barrie
The Contract Management Specialist is responsible for enhancing a culture of quality improvement, performance effectiveness and accountability by providing analysis, interpretation, reporting and management of Service Provider performance on a regular and ad hoc basis in alignment with the established performance management framework.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as a contract performance management subject matter expert working closely with Client Services, Finance, Information Technology (IT) and Business Intelligence (BI) to develop and maintain processes for the provision of performance monitoring and reporting information to internal and external partners.
- Analyzes Service Provider performance in relation to contract performance indicators and service delivery standards, e.g., service acceptance/refusals, reporting, service volumes, billing, risk events etc.
- Tracks, trends and analyzes Service Provider data on a regular and ad hoc basis and completes required reports with respect to the contract performance management
- Prepares monthly/quarterly/annual summaries of Service Provider performance reports including performance on all contract indicators and other performance related information.
- Appropriately engages Service Providers in the review of identified performance/quality concerns and ensures appropriate follow up in alignment with the performance management framework.
- Tracks, monitors and maintains accurate records of all Service Provider performance issues including timely implementation of Service Provider actions to resolution.
- Notifies the Director, Purchasing and Contracts when Service Provider performance presents a high level of risk and/or the service provider is failing to achieve the necessary level of performance improvement.
- Prepares data reports on contract compliance investigations.
- Reviews the Service Provider Annual Performance Reports including liaising with the finance department for the review of annual audited financial statements and prepares a summary of compliance.
- Reviews the Service Provider Quality Improvement Plan (QIP).
- Leads internal and external contract related audit task forces to improve systems and ensure data integrity, e.g., facilitates/participates in service provider site audits.
- Administers statistical analysis of data and research projects as required.
- Assists with the maintenance of internal and external contracts databases, updates contract information, and responds to SMAs.
- Establishes and maintains a tracking system for the follow-up of reports and documents from service providers, including insurance certificates, audited financial statements, WSIB certificates and performance action plans.
- Provides in-service training for experienced providers in areas of updated policy, procedure and regulations and training new service providers on Portal administration.
- Prepares and maintains reports required by the Ministry as required.
- Participates in various internal/external committees and meetings as required.
- Provides education to staff regarding contract management processes to promote staff awareness, understanding and compliance with the contract obligations.
- Facilitates the Quarterly and Performance Management meetings with Service Providers and Vendors.
- Manages administrative function for internal/external performance monitoring and performance management including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, coordinating support materials, recording and circulating minutes, and coordinating follow-up reports as needed.
- Assists with procurement processes.
- Other duties, special projects and analysis as assigned.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with CCAC staff, particularly in Client Services, Finance, Information Technology and Business Intelligence to implement new processes to further improve performance monitoring within the CCAC.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with Contracted Service Providers to ensure timely submission of data and information and fulsome engagement in performance management and performance improvement.
- Maintains control over all contract management through process documentation, measurement, evaluation and improvement.
- Provides expect analysis on Service Provider / Vendor performance to inform process improvement initiatives.
- Supports client safety culture through effective monitoring and management of the safety, effectiveness and quality of service provider performance.
- Applies sound risk management within the scope assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Reports risks with causes, impacts or mitigations beyond assigned scope of responsibility or available resources to their Director.
- Relevant undergraduate degree or diploma in business or a health related field from a recognized college or university. Combination of relevant education and/or experience will be considered.
- Quality/Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
- Three to five years progressive experience in healthcare quality improvement environment including experience preparing analysis of operational, clinical and quality measures.
- Experience monitoring and managing contract performance indicators, quality standards and analyzing and interpreting data and ability to translate data into useful information.
- Knowledge of performance management and reporting methods and tools.
- Understanding of contract management principles and practices.
- Strong knowledge of CCAC business strategies, objectives, and priorities.
- Self-directed, with a demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to facilitate effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to discuss complex situations and issues with CCAC staff, management and/or service providers
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement principles and practices
- Excellent understanding of privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, balancing multiple priorites with attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced key-boarding skills and the ability to use a variety of software programs
- Proficiency in French is an asset
- Valid driver's license, insurance and access to a motor vehicle are required
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, to:
North Simcoe Muskoka Community Care Access Centre
ATT: Human Resources Office
15 Sperling Drive, #100
Barrie, Ontario L4M 6K9
(Include position and vacancy number in subject heading)
Please note: At time of hire, a Criminal Record Check will be required.